The Decision Making Model IQ Matrix provides you with a step-by-step process that will help you make more effective decisions about your life and circumstances. The model has been specifically developed for life coaches to help provide them with guidance when helping their clients make better decisions. However, this process can also be used for self-coaching purposes to help you gain a comprehensive understanding of your situation before making a critical life decision. The map is primarily built upon a set of key questions that will help you explore your circumstances from a variety of angles and perspectives.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Decision Making Model IQ Matrix:
- Curing Indecision: The first branch delves into the importance of overcoming indecision. It specifically highlights how bad decisions are actually vital to help you gain a better understanding of what may be required to make a better decision — to help improve your life and circumstances. This branch also explores the six step process you can use to help your clients overcome moments of indecision. It’s important to keep this process in mind as you work through the coaching questions presented in the remaining branches.
- Coaching Questions: The remaining three branches outline various coaching questions you can use that will help your client gain a comprehensive understanding of their situation. This knowledge and insight will allow them to make smarter and more effective decisions to help move them forward in a better way. You will often begin with the “starter” coaching questions. These questions will provide you with the relevant insights you need into your client’s decision-making process. From here you can move onto other sets of questions that explore various perspectives, consequences of decisions, feelings, alternate approaches, your client’s psychology, the sacrifices they must make, and the hidden motivations behind their preferences. The mind map also helps you explore opportunities that may come about as a result of making this decision, while also delving into your client’s future state. From here you can lead your client toward making a definite decision. Asking all questions might of course not always be necessary. However, they are here for you just in case you need to delve deeper into your client’s psychological world and circumstances.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate this tool into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively help your clients make better decisions about their life and circumstances. Likewise, you can use this model to help improve your own decision-making ability.
When you purchase the Decision Making Model IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles. This is just 1 of 20 interconnected visual thinking templates available for purchase.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.