The Emotional Eating IQ Matrix explores how to take control of your cravings and escape the emotional eating cycle. Emotional hunger is very different to physical hunger, however those who are caught up in the habit of eating when their emotions are riled up struggle to recognize this difference. People who struggle with emotional eating are essentially struggling to manage their emotions. Eating becomes a coping mechanism that helps them deal with their emotions more effectively. However, emotional eating never solves problems and will typically make people feel guilty, regretful and ashamed. The key therefore is to find ways to manage those difficult emotions in more optimal ways so that you no longer need to reach out to food for comfort and support.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Emotional Eating IQ Matrix:
- Emotional Eating: The first branch of this map explores what it means to eat emotionally. Emotional eating is of course a habit that we develop over time. As such it’s also a habit that can be replaced with more optimal ways of responding to life’s difficulties. As you work your way through this branch you will also come across several self-analysis questions that will help you pinpoint whether or not you fall victim to emotional eating.
- Types of Hunger: The second branch breaks down the two types of hunger that people experience. The first type of hunger is known as emotional hunger. This is a hunger that comes on suddenly and is accompanied by heavy cravings. The second type of hunger is physical hunger which comes on more gradually and is accompanied by a growling stomach and possibly lightheadedness. Understanding the difference between these two hunger types will help you to better take charge of your emotional eating habits.
- Emotional Eating Triggers: The third branch of this map helps you to understand and identify probable emotional eating triggers. Being consciously aware of these triggers will help you to better deal with and manage your emotional eating patterns and responses to stressful situations.
- Overcoming Emotional Eating: The final two branches breakdown a four step process that will help you to progressively eliminate your emotional eating habits. This process involves keeping an emotional eating journal, dealing with emotional eating triggers, learning how to manage your emotions and cravings, and developing healthy habits and a more supportive lifestyle.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life and you will progressively begin turning your emotional eating habits around. No longer will you see food as a source of comfort that help you feel better about your life’s problems. You will instead use food only to help satisfy your physical hunger.
When you purchase the Emotional Eating IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.