The Execute and Master IQ Matrix is the fifth of a series of five comprehensive maps that delve into the intricacies of solving life’s most difficult problems. The fifth map takes you through the process of executing your plan of action in the real world. While the execution stage is critical to the outcome that you would like to achieve, it’s also important that you learn from your experience in order to lay down the foundations for your next problem solving challenge.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Execute and Master IQ Matrix:
- The Purpose: Briefly outlines the purpose of this specific stage of the problem solving process.
- Execute Plan: Takes you through the process of how to execute your plan of action to help you attain your desired goal and outcome. The guidelines here will provide you with necessary areas you must focus on that will help improve your chances of success.
- Take Charge: When it comes to executing your plan of action, you must maintain a certain level of control over your decisions and action. This branch shows you how to take charge and remain focused throughout this process.
- Reflect and Learn: Whether or not you managed to attain your desired outcome, it’s now critical that you take time to reflect on your experience. Reflect on the problem solving process and on the mistakes you made and the lessons you learned. This step will help you to clarify how best to move forward in the future when confronted with similar problems.
- Anticipate Future: Finally, in order to pave the way for the future, it’s important that we regularly take the time to project forward and begin anticipating future events and circumstances that might affect us in the days, weeks, months and years to come. This branch provides you with the necessary guidelines and the questions you should be asking yourself that will help you to develop the foresight you need to make better decisions in the future about the problems you might face.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary habits-of-mind that will help you to execute your plan of action, while at the same time learning the lessons required to help you make better decisions in the future.
Below you will find links to all five problem solving mind maps. Together they will provide you with a comprehensive outline of the creative problem solving process.
- Define Problem
- Investigate Problem
- Re-Imagine Idea
- Engineer Plan of Action
- Execute and Master
- BONUS: Solving Life’s Problems provides a solid introduction to the process and the mindset required to help you solve your life’s problems most effectively.
For a comprehensive written overview of this five step problem solving process, please take a look at The Path @ Visual Thinking Magic.
When you purchase the Execute and Master IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.