The When Facing Adversity IQ Matrix explores the steps we need to take to successfully overcome the problems and setbacks that life often blesses us with. This map is loosely based on the best selling book “The Obstacle is the Way”, by Ryan Holiday. It’s designed to help shift how you think about life’s toughest challenges in a positive and proactive way. In many instances it’s not so much about the adversity we face, but rather about the story we tell ourselves about this challenge and essentially how we respond to it. That by itself makes all the difference in the world.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the When Facing Adversity IQ Matrix:
- Acknowledge, Understand and Recognize: When it comes to meeting adversity head-on it’s important to acknowledge, understand and recognize several key aspects of adversity that will help shift how you think about your circumstances. The first three branches of this map challenge you to step back emotionally from your situation; to recognize what matters most; to acknowledge your role in the situation; to shift your perspective about your circumstances; to quit complaining and rather see the situation for what it is; to identify opportunities and possible breakthroughs, and much more. Reading through these first three branches will help you significantly shift how you approach the inevitable and unexpected problems that life will often throw your way.
- Take Action: Once you see the situation in a new and positive light, you can then move forward and work your way through the challenges you face more readily. Within the fourth and final branch of this map you will discover that when facing adversity it’s all about taking small steps and actions to work your way through your problem. It’s also about future proofing what could potentially go wrong down the line.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin to see adversity in a new positive and empowering light. No longer will setbacks and problems phase you emotionally. Instead you will meet these challenges head-on with a renewed sense of confidence and energy. And you will finally come to realize that it’s not about what happens to us that matters, but rather how we interpret what happens to us that makes all the difference in the world.
When you purchase the When Facing Adversity IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.