The Fixed vs. Growth Mindset IQ Matrix explores two types of mindsets and how they tend to interact with the world. The map is based on Mindset: The Psychology of Success written by Carol S. Dweck. Within the book Carol describes two contrasting ways people think about the world, their life, and their circumstances. On the one hand we have the Fixed Mindset, and on the other we have the Growth Mindset. This map breaks down the habitual traits, beliefs, and behaviors of both types of mindsets.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Fixed vs. Growth Mindset IQ Matrix:
- The Fixed Mindset: The first couple of branches of this map explore the beliefs, traits and behaviors of people who adopt a fixed mindset. People who fall into this category believe that a person’s potential is fixed at birth. They therefore rely purely on their talent and intelligence to get what they want most out of life.
- The Growth Mindset: The final two branches of this map explore the beliefs, traits and behaviors of people who adopt a growth mindset. People who fall into this category believe that a person’s true potential is unknown and potentially unlimited. They therefore rely on effort and continuous improvement to get what they want most out of life.
It is certainly clear from the map that adopting a Growth Mindset can be of tremendous value for long-term success. However, on the most part many of us actually adopt characteristics, behaviors, traits and beliefs of both types of mindsets in a variety of situations. But even if your predominant mindset is of the Fixed nature, it’s never too late to change. You must however begin consciously adopting more growth mindset characteristics and behaviors into your life starting today. Begin with one of the suggestions listed within the map and then progressively add more of them into your life over time. Change will not happen instantly, however you can certainly make gradual changes over time that can make a big difference in the long-run.
When you purchase the Fixed vs. Growth Mindset IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.