The Life Coaching Wheel IQ Matrix provides a life coach with guidelines that will help them gain a visual representation of a client’s current and desired reality. This life coaching wheel is based on a very popular life coaching tool used within the coaching industry. This tool is used to help your client find balance in life, especially when dealing with life transition and change.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Life Coaching Wheel IQ Matrix:
- The Life Wheel: The first branch introduces the life coaching wheel and the purpose behind this coaching tool. It’s main purpose is to lay down the groundwork for future coaching sessions — particularly to help your client find balance in life. There are however alternate uses for the life wheel. You can for instances use it to help your client prioritize their activities, to track progress toward a goal, to identify gaps in knowledge and skill areas, and more.
- Begin Process: Your first task is to identify what life areas your client values most. These are the areas that will become the major focus of the life wheel. Your client must indicate on the life wheel their levels of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction with certain areas of life. This essentially lays down the groundwork for the activity and for the questions that follow.
- Life Areas: Here is where you explore your client’s ratings in more depth and detail. It’s important to do this by asking your client a set of questions about each life area that will challenge them to think about their life in a variety of ways. This branch presents you with numerous questions that you can use for this purpose.
- Conclude Process: When concluding this process it’s important to remember that the purpose of this tool is to help your client find balance, while also paving the way forward for the goal setting process. This final branch provides you with the essential guidelines to do exactly that.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate this tool into your life coaching practice, and you will gain valuable insights about your client’s life, priorities and goals. Moreover, these insights will provide you with the relevant answers you need to move your coaching sessions forward in more optimal ways.
For more information about the life coaching wheel, please see The Wheel of Life.
When you purchase the Life Coaching Wheel IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles. This is just 1 of 20 interconnected visual thinking templates available for purchase.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.