The Setting New Year Resolutions IQ Matrix explores a six step process to help you follow through with your New Year’s Resolutions and achieve your desired goals and objectives. Surveys have shown time and again that people who make New Year’s Resolutions rarely achieve them. In fact, one survey indicated that 92 percent of all New Year’s Resolutions are never realized. Why? Because there are just too many “good enough” excuses not to follow through. However, excuses aside, many people simply fail to fully commit to the goals they set for the New Year. And all this comes down to a lack of clarity and understanding about what it truly takes to achieve their desired aims.
Here is a quick breakdown of the six step process to help you set more effective New Year Resolutions:
- Reflect: The first step of the process involves taking time to reflect on the past year while also looking forward to the upcoming year. Here you are essentially using the past year as a platform to build for your future.
- Outline: The second step of the process involves outlining your desired goals clearly on paper. However, when writing out your goals it’s important to follow several critical guidelines. This is in fact where many people go wrong, and as a result there just isn’t enough commitment and follow-through behind their goals.
- Create: The third step of the process involves creating a plan of action. With your goals clearly outlined, you now need to create a daily, weekly and monthly action plan that will help you bridge the gap between this moment and the attainment of your goals.
- Take: The fourth step of the process involves physically taking action. This is also where many people falter. They fail because they jump in head first and quickly burn themselves out. For this very reason it’s important to begin with baby steps and build over time.
- Maintain: The fifth step of the process involves maintaining consistent action over the long-haul. Consistency is the key towards goal achievement. Sometimes results might not come during the early stages. Consistency in action will eventually get you there, however you must understand how to maintain your focus and motivation during this critical phase.
- Keep: The sixth and final step of the process involves following through with your actions until your goal has been achieved. This is all about keeping yourself honest, accountable and building up the necessary habits and rituals that will help you attain your desired objectives.
Stick with these principles, memorize and work with them when setting New Year’s Resolutions and you will quickly find that there will be far more commitment behind your daily actions — propelling you towards your desired goals and objectives. There are of course no guarantees, however there will certainly no longer be any excuses that you don’t know what to do. This six step process will light the way, but in the end it’s up to you to bridge the gap between where you are and where you desire to be.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily life, and you will progressively begin letting go of the anger, overwhelm, stresses, worries, and frustrations that are making you feel absolutely miserable. Of course taking charge of these emotions requires making slight shifts in the way you see the world, your life and the events and circumstance around you. Only then will you stop living so seriously and begin enjoying your life.
When you purchase the Setting New Year’s Resolutions IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.