The Nonverbal Communication IQ Matrix explores how to better recognize the intricacies and impact of our nonverbal language. When we interact with others we typically pay attention to the words someone speaks in order to gather an understanding of the message they are trying to convey. However, by only attending to verbal cues we miss a large portion of that message that people often communicate nonverbally. For instance, facial expressions, mannerisms, hand gestures, eye patterns and body language as a whole helps support the words a person uses to convey their message. Understanding how to recognize these nonverbal cues will help you to dig below the surface communication of words and delve deeper into a person’s hidden thoughts, feelings, motives and intentions.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Nonverbal Communication IQ Matrix:
- Nonverbal Cues: The first two branches of this map explore what nonverbal communication is all about. Nonverbal communication is a subtle form of communication that typically manifests from an unconscious level of awareness through our face, body and gestures. This language can either match a person’s verbal communication or it can mismatch with it. The resulting observation determines whether or not a person is being genuine. Possibly their nonverbal communication might reveal that they are not being as upfront with you as their verbal communication might suggest.
- Nonverbal Recognition: The final two branches of this map breakdown a four step process you can follow to help you better recognize the subtleties of nonverbal communication. Specifically you will be on the lookout for patterns within body language, facial expressions, vocal tendencies, physical touch, eye movements and any inconsistencies between the verbal and nonverbal that can provide you with insights into a person’s underlying thoughts, feelings, motives and intentions.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your interactions with others and you will progressively develop a higher level of awareness when it comes to recognizing people’s nonverbal language. Then with this knowledge and understanding you will be better able to pick up on the subtleties of human behavior; providing you with insights into people’s hidden thoughts, feelings, motives and intentions.
When you purchase the Nonverbal Communication IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.