The Overcoming Envy IQ Matrix explores how to work through your feelings of envy in an optimal and helpful way. The map is built upon the premise that by comparing ourselves to others and by trying to live up to society’s expectations and standards we actually hurt our own growth and development. Instead we must focus on walking our own path and not worrying so much about what other people are or are not doing. In fact, we can use envy as a catalyst to make positive changes to our lives, instead of allowing it to progressively destroy our happiness.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Overcoming Envy IQ Matrix:
- What is Envy?: The first branch of this mind map explores what envy is about and how it gains a foothold in our lives. It’s important to note here that envy isn’t the same as jealousy. Envy is when someone has something we want, while jealousy is when we feel that we may potentially lose something that is already ours.
- Overcoming Envy Process: The remaining three branches breakdown a seven step process you can use to help you overcome envy. This process is designed to help you move from a feeling of inferiority and inadequacy, and into a feeling of empowerment where you are motivated to make positive changes in your life in order to fill the gap that your feelings of envy have brought to light.
As you progressively work through this map you will begin to take less notice of what others are doing and instead channel your energies into your own life path and goals. As such, you will no longer spend time comparing yourself to others, but instead compare yourself to your very best self.
When you purchase the Overcoming Envy IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.