The Re-Imagine Idea IQ Matrix is the third of a series of five comprehensive maps that delve into the intricacies of solving life’s most difficult problems. The third map delves into the brainstorming and creative thinking process that will help you to explore a variety of possible solutions to the problem you are facing. The mind map will help you to think creatively.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Re-Imagine Idea IQ Matrix:
- The Purpose: Briefly outlines the purpose of this specific stage of the problem solving process.
- Generate Ideas: When it comes to generating new and creative ideas, it’s important to follow certain and specific guidelines that will enable you to think more effectively about the problem you are working through.
- Brainstorm: Brainstorming is somewhat of an art-form. If you do it correctly, you can generate many potential solutions to your problem very quickly. This branch helps provide you with the guidelines you need that will support an effective brainstorming session.
- Re-Imagine Idea: Once you have generated a plethora of new ideas and potential solutions to your problem, you must now re-imagine these ideas in a variety of creative ways. The sets of questions presented within this branch provide you with a very comprehensive blueprint you can use to help put a creative spin on the potential solutions you came up with during your brainstorming session.
- Incubate Idea: Having now generated many possible solutions and creative ideas to help solve your problem, now comes time to switch off and incubate these ideas within the recesses of your mind. It is through the process of incubation that good ideas grow into incredible breakthroughs that will help you solve your problem.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary habits-of-mind that will help you to develop the ability to generate ingenious creative solutions to your life’s problems and circumstances.
Below you will find links to all five problem solving mind maps. Together they will provide you with a comprehensive outline of the creative problem solving process.
- Define Problem
- Investigate Problem
- Re-Imagine Idea
- Engineer Plan of Action
- Execute and Master
- BONUS: Solving Life’s Problems provides a solid introduction to the process and the mindset required to help you solve your life’s problems most effectively.
For a comprehensive written overview of this five step problem solving process, please take a look at The Path @ Visual Thinking Magic.
When you purchase the Re-Imagine Idea IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.