The Curb Television Addiction IQ Matrix provides you with an action plan that will help you make smarter choices when it comes to your television viewing habits. This isn’t so much about eliminating television altogether, it’s rather more about watching the right kind of television that helps add more value to your life. But of course moderation must always be kept in mind. Without moderation good television viewing can become destructive because life exists outside the television box and not within it. This mind map will help you to curb your television addiction by presenting you with a variety of questions and suggestions that will hopefully inspire you to make better and smarter viewing choices.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Curb Television Addiction IQ Matrix:
- Stop Watching Television: There comes a time in everyone’s life when you wake up and realize how much time you’ve spent wasting your life watching mindless television programs. In fact, the average person watches approximately 5.5 hours of television each day. That totals to almost three months of television viewing each and every year. That’s one-quarter of your year spent viewing television! What could you have done with those three months if you spent your time in a different way? The first branch of this mind map explores why you should stop watching television and the positive impact that this can have on your life.
- Curb Your Television Addiction: Eliminating television is of course never going to be easy. That is why you will need to move through a three step process that will help you to re-prioritize your life’s daily choices and decisions to help you take charge of your schedule. This is of course not about eliminating all forms of television. It’s rather about making smarter choices that will allow you to gain the most value from every hour of your day.
- Questions to Ask Yourself: The third branch presents you with a set of questions you can ask yourself that will unlock the real reasons why you watch those “unmissable” television shows. Once you understand your motivations you will be in a better position to make smarter choices when it comes to your television viewing habits. Just maybe some of those “unmissable” shows are not so “unmissable”. Just maybe you would gain far more long-term value by focusing on other things that will bring about greater life satisfaction and fulfilment. Just think about all that you’re missing out on when you choose to watch that television show?
- Suggestions and Guidelines: The final branch of this mind map provides you with guidelines and suggestions that will help you make smarter television viewing choices. These are simple ideas however implementing them can profoundly transform your life in a positive and surprisingly helpful ways.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin to make smarter viewing choices when it comes to your television programming, thereby curbing your television addiction. With smarter television viewing choices you will have more free time on your hands to begin focusing on the areas of your life that will bring you most long-term fulfilment, joy, happiness, success and satisfaction. You might even find the time to work on those goals you’ve been putting off all these years. Who knows? Your life might never be the same again for all the right reasons.
When you purchase the Curb Television Addiction IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.