The When Tragedy Strikes IQ Matrix will help you to make sense of those difficult moments in your life when adversity gets the better of you. Life presents us with many challenges in the form of setbacks, divorce, illness, poverty, loss of a loved one, debt, injury, accidents, crime, destruction and suffering. No matter which of these events comes across your path, life is never easy. In fact, it can be incredibly difficult to move on when tragedy strikes because it becomes such an overwhelming burden on your life. However, tragedy is what you make it out to be. You can either allow it to get the better of you, or you can make the most of the events and circumstances that life throws your way.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the When Tragedy Strikes IQ Matrix:
- You Are Not Alone: Billions of people are living on earth right now, and billions more have lived before you were even born. All of these people have experienced tragedy of some sort. Many of them didn’t handle it very well, however there are many others who overcame their misfortune and created a better life as a result. In fact, many people have overcome much greater tragedy than you are facing today. Going over this first branch will help you understand that you are not alone and that hope is never lost.
- Assumptions to Make: When it comes to tragedy it’s important that we think a certain way about our life and circumstances. In fact, to make the most of pain and misfortune we must adopt a certain perspective that will help us to handle things in the most effective and empowering way possible. Within this branch you will discover the assumptions you will need to make when tragedy strikes. Assuming these things will free your mind to consider new possibilities that could potentially open doors to new opportunities, experiences, connections and perspectives that will help empower you in a positive direction.
- When Tragedy Strikes Process: Of course when tragedy strikes it can get very overwhelming very quickly. In times such as these it’s important to keep in mind a five step process that you can follow that will help you to take control of your emotions, shift your perspective, and lay down the foundations for better decisions moving forward. Use these five steps to help make the most of the misfortune that life brings your way.
- Guidelines for Moving Forward: The final branch of this map provides you with numerous guidelines that will help you make the most of tragic situations. Some of these guidelines are very straightforward, however it’s often the smallest of actions that can become the catalyst for positive and empowering change.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively begin to shift how you think about the moments when misfortune and tragedy strikes. You will no longer see yourself as a victim, but instead find the seeds of hope in tragic times that will allow you to move forward in a better way. And most importantly you will remember that there is always hope even in the darkest of times.
When you purchase the When Tragedy Strikes IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively, you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please, however, be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.