The Finding Flow IQ Matrix explores what it takes to get into a flow state that will help you perform at peak levels of your ability. It’s a mental state where time seems to disintegrate and you effectively become one with what you’re doing and one with the moment. In sports getting into a flow state is often referred to as “being in the zone”. However, getting into flow isn’t only for athletes. It’s actually for anyone who desires to work at optimal levels to get more done in less time with higher levels of creativity. This concept was first introduced by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Finding Flow IQ Matrix:
- Understanding Flow: The first branch of this map explores what flow states are all about. It effectively boils down to a very specific mental state of mind that we must learn to enter while working on a task or project that will help us raise our levels of performance, creativity and productivity. This branch also breaks down the benefits of entering flow states.
- Entering Flow: The next two branches of the map discuss what it takes to get into a flow state. Entering into a flow state requires you follow some very specific guidelines that will help prepare your body and mind for the task at hand. Messing up on any of these specific set of criteria, and you will very likely fail to get into flow. It’s therefore helpful to use these two branches as a checklist to help you get into flow.
- Staying in Flow: The final branch of this map breaks down what it takes to stay in flow. Staying within a flow state takes practice, time and effort. Initially it might be difficult to maintain a flow state for long periods at a time. It especially becomes difficult if you fall into the trap of apathy, boredom or anxiety. Managing these emotions successfully effectively comes down to finding a balance between the challenges you face and the skills you possess to handle those challenges.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily routine and work schedule, and you will progressively enter flow states on a far more consistent basis; where you become one with the moment and one with the task at hand. Only in this mental state of mind will you perform at the highest optimal levels of your ability. Only then will you fully understand what it means to live “in the zone”.
When you purchase the Finding Flow IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please however be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.