The Finding Flow IQ Matrix explores what it takes to get into a flow state to help you perform at peak levels of your ability. Being “in the flow” is a mental state where time seems to disintegrate before our eyes. It’s a state where you become one with what you’re doing — one with the moment. As a result, you take more purposeful action. In sports, getting into a flow state is often referred to as “being in the zone”. However, getting into flow isn’t only for athletes. It’s for anyone who desires to work at optimal levels with one definitive purpose in mind. It’s for anyone who wants to get more done in less time with higher levels of creative output. This concept was first introduced by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. The mind map breaks down what it means to be in a flow state. It outlines how to specifically get into a flow state. And it concludes with an overview of how to maintain a flow state for extended periods.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Finding Flow mind map.
- Understanding Flow: The first branch of this map explores the nature of flow states. Being in the flow means being in a very specific mental state of mind. It is something we can learn to enter while working on a task or project. Being in the flow can, subsequently, help us raise our levels of performance, creativity, and productivity. This branch also breaks down the benefits of entering flow states.
- Entering Flow: The next two branches of the map outline what it takes to get into a flow state. Entering a flow state requires that you follow very specific guidelines that will help prepare your body and mind for the task at hand. Not hitting the mark on any one of these points, and you will very likely fail to get into a flow state. It’s, therefore, helpful to use these two branches as a checklist to help you get into a flow.
- Staying in Flow: The final branch of this map breaks down what it takes to stay in the flow. Staying in a flow state takes practice, time, and effort. Initially, it might be difficult to maintain a flow state for long periods. It especially becomes difficult if you fall into the trap of apathy, boredom, or anxiety. Managing these emotions comes down to finding a balance between the challenges you face and the skills you possess for handling those challenges.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for finding flow and working more productively. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily work routine, and you will progressively enter flow states far more consistently. When you enter a flow state you become one with the moment and one with what you’re doing. Only in this mental state will you perform at the highest optimal levels of your ability and dramatically enhance your productivity.
When you purchase the Finding Flow IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.