The Making Small Talk IQ Matrix explores the six critical steps you need to go through to make effective small-talk in social and networking situations. Making small talk isn’t about “question and answer” time. Yes, questions are part of the process. There is, however, a great deal more that goes into making effective small talk. Small talk helps you build the necessary early rapport you need to create meaningful interactions. That interaction then gives you the best chance at growing and developing this relationship.
The mind map walks you through how to make effective small talk. It then takes you through a six-step process for making the most of small talk. These guidelines will help you build the foundations for building fruitful and prosperous business and personal relationships.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Making Small Talk mind map.
- Making Effective Small Talk: The first branch of this map explores the intricacies of making small talk. Small talk is more than a random conversation with a stranger. It’s rather something that can help you build meaningful relationships. However, to make small talk work for you, it does require that you enter the conversation with a genuine and sincere interest in the other person.
- The Six-Step Process: The remaining three branches of this map break down a six-step process for making small talk. These steps include preparing yourself, approaching the person, creating comfort, making a revelation about yourself, digging deeper into certain topics, and ending the interaction on a high note. Attached to each of these steps is a series of guidelines that can help you make the most of the conversations you have with strangers. It is, after all, these conversations, that will help build the foundations for fruitful business and personal relationships.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for making small talk in professional and social settings. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your interactions with others and you will progressively feel more comfortable talking to strangers. Moreover, small talk will help you build the foundations of a fruitful and mutually beneficial relationship. This will, of course, take work. Making small talk takes practice. However, with practice, you will develop the necessary skills needed to begin building deep levels of rapport with other people.
When you purchase the Making Small Talk IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.