The Perceptual Influences IQ Matrix explores how to effectively manage and overcome the negative influential forces in your life. You are who you are today as a result of an incredible array of circumstances, coincidences, people, and events that have shaped you over time. Everything that you have experienced over the years has led to this very moment in time. All your conscious and unconscious methods for navigating the world are a direct result of how the people in your life have shaped you. In other words, your choices, decisions, actions, thoughts, beliefs, and perspectives are heavily influenced by your social environment.
Moreover, there is the influence of the media, governments, religions, and educational institutions. Everything outside of you shapes who you are and who you are becoming. The question is, do you approve of how you are being shaped? Or do you want to choose a different path? This map can show you how to make that second choice a reality.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Perceptual Influences mind map.
- The Influential Forces that Shape Your Life:The first branch of this map identifies the various influential forces that have a lasting impact and influence on our lives. These forces can either be social, personal, informational, cultural, or collective. The collective forces come in the form of a shared human paradigm that influences every aspect of our lives. Understanding how you’re being influenced is the first step toward taking conscious control.
- The Social Influence of Your Peers: The second branch of this map takes you through the impact and subsequent consequences of peer group influence. Here the map breaks down how social influence affects every aspect of our lives and impacts our mental health and wellbeing.
- Peer Group Selection: The third branch of this map outlines how to go about consciously and actively selecting your peer group. It is said that we are the sum total of our five closest friends. In other words, you are a direct reflection of these people in the way you talk, move, think, behave, and what you believe in. Subsequently, your career prospects, health, intelligence, and wealth are all limited by your associations (peers). Given this, it would make sense that switching up your peer group could dramatically alter the direction of your life. And that’s precisely what this branch will help you do.
- Overcoming Perceptual Influence: The final branch of this map breaks down how to overcome the influential forces that are currently directing every thought you have, the decisions you make, and the actions you take. Here you will also find a set of questions that will help you to identify the impact and influence that others are having on your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming social and environmental forces that negatively impact your life. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the frame of mind, courage, and willpower required to overcome the negative perceptual influences in your life.
When you purchase the Perceptual Influence IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.