The Mapping Your Career Path IQ Matrix explores how to gain the clarity you need to help you build a more meaningful, purposeful, and successful career path. Have you ever taken the time to manage your career path actively? If you answered “no,” then is it safe to assume that you’re leaving things to chance? Everyone wants to win the lottery. But, our chances of winning the lottery are probably quite slim. To win the lottery would mean getting very lucky, would it not?
So, now the question is, whether your progress up the career ladder is defined by chance or by conscious choice? Are you expecting to get lucky? Or are you actively making an effort to build a thriving career? If this is something you would like to do, then this map will show you how. It will help you develop an action plan for building your career path with intention and purpose.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Mapping Your Career Path mind map.
- Managing Your Career: The first branch of this map outlines the key things you must do to manage your career path more effectively. It summarizes what to focus on, do, think, and how to get a clear sense of direction for your career.
- Assess Current Reality: The second branch of this map helps you assess your current reality. By understanding where you are today, you will be better prepared to handle the changes that you would like to incorporate into your professional life in the weeks and months to come.
- Your Next Step: The third branch of this map explores what you must focus on and the things you must do to begin planning for the future. Without these steps, you will be caught in limbo and, subsequently, find it very difficult to move your career forward. Here you are also presented with numerous self-reflection questions that will help you to assess your assets and strengths, set boundaries, and outline targets, and the changes you will need to make moving forward.
- Your Portfolio: The fourth branch of this map lists the things you should include in your portfolio. It also addresses the trends you must look for to identify your best future career path. Use the accompanying self-reflection questions to help build your portfolio.
- Explore the Possibilities: The final branch of this map explores the idea of reverse engineering your career path. This requires working from an end goal (your ideal career) backward to the present moment. This is one way to build an action plan for getting to your desired career destination.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for actively planning your career path. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your professional life, and you will progressively go about building a more meaningful, purposeful, and successful career.
When you purchase the Mapping Career Path IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.