The Lifelong Learning IQ Matrix explores how a commitment to lifelong learning will give you the edge you need to achieve your life’s goals and objectives. We go to school to get an education, and what we learn at school helps us to understand the dynamics of the world we live in. We can then take those lessons and get a job that helps us earn a living. The education you receive at school provides you with the basic fundamentals that help you create an independent life for yourself. However, to truly thrive and optimize how you live, you need to start setting higher standards for yourself.
These days, a high school and a college education just isn’t enough. You must, instead, commit yourself to ongoing learning and development beyond the organized education system. Only in this way will you give yourself the opportunities needed to create a successful, happy, and fulfilling life. And this all begins with a commitment to lifelong learning.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Lifelong Learning mind map.
- CANI: The first branch of this map outlines what it means to commit to CANI. A commitment to CANI means committing to constant and never-ending improvement. This is about continuous growth and development, which is at the core of lifelong learning. Here the map also breaks down the numerous benefits that can be derived from committing CANI.
- Lifelong Learning Laws: The second branch of this map breaks down three indispensable universal laws of lifelong learning that we must all embrace. These laws include (1) The Law of Practice, (2) The Law of Knowledge Gathering, and (3) The Law of Improvement. Each universal law will help you to immerse yourself in the practice of lifelong learning.
- Lifelong Learning Requires: The third branch of this map identifies the skills, mindset, and behaviors required to become a lifelong learner. A commitment to lifelong learning is impossible unless we first address each of these areas.
- Guidelines for Lifelong Learning: The final branch of this map presents you with several guidelines and questions you can ask yourself to become a more effective lifelong learner each day. Lifelong learning is a habit. It’s a habit that we can learn to develop over time. However, with time and patience, you can turn lifelong learning into a transforming daily practice.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing the habit of lifelong learning. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these guidelines, memorize, and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively discover that life becomes easier and far more rewarding when you commit to lifelong learning.
When you purchase Lifelong Learning IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.