The Life of Excuses IQ Matrix and accompanying 20 page eBook explore the impact that excuses have on our lives and what we can do about them. Excuses are rationalizations we make to ourselves about people, events, and circumstances. They are invented reasons we create to defend our behavior, to postpone taking action, or only as a means of neglecting responsibility. In other words, excuses are mainly a means of placing the blame of an internal problem on an external condition.
We all, of course, make excuses. At least from time to time, right? Some of these excuses are legitimate excuses. However, the vast majority are incredibly illogical and based on fleeting emotions. It is these kinds of excuses that hurt us over the long-run. They hurt us because they hold us back from freely and proactively pursuing our goals. If these are the kinds of excuses that you tend to make, then this map can help you rid yourself of them for good.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Life of Excuses mind map.
- What are Excuses?: The first branch of this map defines what it means to make an excuse. The branch also explores the consequences of making excuses and the various reasons why we tend to make them.
- 11 Types of Excuses: The second and third branches of this map outline 11 kinds of excuses that we typically make and the meaning behind these excuses. Exploring the meaning behind each of these excuses will, subsequently, change your understanding of why you’re making them. This will provide you with insights into new ways of thinking about your life and circumstances. As a result, you will reframe these excuses and turn them into powerful motivators to redirect your actions in optimal ways. The excuses outlined within the map include,
- “There’s not enough time.”
- “There’s not enough money.”
- “I don’t have an education.”
- “I’m too old (or young).”
- “I can’t change.”
- “I don’t know how.”
- “I’m afraid to fail.”
- “It’s not the right time.”
- “I have to plan thoroughly.”
- “It won’t work.”
- “I’m not inspired.”
- Eliminating Excuses: The final branch of this map presents you with numerous guidelines to help you eliminate excuses from your life. These guidelines are a mix of things to do and mental shifts to make. Take time to implement each of them, and you will progressively eradicate excuses from your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for taking control of the excuses that are holding you back from accomplishing your goals. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your day, and you will progressively eliminate all the excuses that are holding you back from living life to your fullest potential.
When you purchase the Life of Excuses IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.