The Ease Stressful Tension IQ Matrix explores how to stay centered and grounded during times of high stress and tension. When unexpected and unwanted circumstances arise that are not within our control, it’s easy to succumb to negative thoughts and challenging emotions. That will, however, become a thing of the past when you learn how to control your emotional responses.
This map breaks down three reasons why we tend to feel stressed. It then takes you through how to center and calm yourself down by settling your emotions. Once you have control over your emotional responses, you can then take the time to think things through and prepare yourself for dealing with the stressful situation proactively and logically. The map helps break down exactly how to do that by directing you to take charge of your thoughts, imagination, and perspective.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Ease Stressful Tension mind map.
TENSION ARISES: There are often three key reasons that lead to increased stress and tension. Whenever we feel stressed, it’s either a result of unrealized expectations, emotional resistance, or a flawed perspective of time or importance. The first branch of this map helps you recognize why you’re feeling stressed. Recognition and an understanding of these areas will help you to begin taking control of the thoughts that are causing your stressful tension.
CENTER YOURSELF: Now that you understand why you’re feeling stressed, it’s time to settle your emotional responses. The second branch of this map outlines how to center yourself and release any unnecessary stress. Here, it’s essential to not only remove the stress but also re-energize your body and take control of your inner voice. How you talk to yourself has a profound impact on how you feel. Controlling that inner voice and directing it toward your next action highlights the path forward.
PREPARE YOURSELF: The last two branches of the map take you through how to prepare yourself for stressful situations mentally. When we’re feeling stressed, our stress response is what matters. Irrelevant of what happens, what you do next, and the perspective you take makes all the difference. Specifically, you will want to clarify your intentions and expectations, anticipate potential difficulties, spend time visualizing and role-playing various scenarios while also making preparations for responding to the stressful event. The questions and guidelines here will give you proper direction in these areas.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for controlling your emotional responses and easing stressful tension in your life. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Ease Stressful Tension IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text-only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.