The Handling a Crisis IQ Matrix explores how to go about handling those seemingly insurmountable problems that tend to spin your life out of control. These crisis situations can often come about unexpectedly in the form of accidents, illness, disasters, and personal or business problems. Because they are unexpected, they are often very difficult to deal with. As such, they tend to send our lives into a tailspin. Handling such crisis scenarios doesn’t necessarily need to be an overwhelming experience. Effectively dealing with a crisis can be quite rewarding and may even present you with a myriad of opportunities that you would otherwise not have access to.
The mind map takes you through the steps you need to take to prepare for a potential crisis situation. It walks you through how to handle a crisis as it arises. It guides you on exactly what to do during a crisis situation. And it concludes with a break down of how to make the most of a crisis situation. Working through this map will help you develop the confidence you need to handle a crisis in optimal ways.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Handling a Crisis mind map.
- Preparing for a Crisis: You can’t expect to handle a crisis effectively if you spend no time preparing for such a possibility. This first branch of this map takes you through a set of steps to prepare you for a potential crisis. It specifically breaks down how you should prepare for these situations mentally, physically, and socially.
- Handling a Crisis Situation: When a crisis comes about, you need to know what to do to manage the situation most effectively. This branch of the map breaks down a five-step process you can use to manage a crisis. At the heart of this process lie numerous questions that will help you deal with the crisis. These questions will keep you focused on the right things while ensuring you stay on track. The steps of this process include accepting what has happened, distancing yourself from the situation, considering alternative perspectives, reflecting on past experience, and taking proactive action to resolve matters.
- During a Crisis Situation: Now that you are familiar with the process for handling a crisis, it’s important to also keep a few other things in mind. This branch presents you with numerous guidelines for moments when you are in the middle of a crisis situation and need to react accordingly. Following these guidelines will ensure that you always handle the situation rationally and optimally.
- After a Crisis Situation: Once a crisis is over, your work is still far from done. After a crisis, you must take time to reflect upon the events and circumstances that rocked your life. Sometimes what might appear to be a negative situation, might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. You must, however, keep an open mind and challenge yourself to view the situation from a variety of perspectives. Only in this way will you make the best of every difficulty. Here, you will find various self-reflection questions that will help you assess what happened, how you responded, and what you will do moving forward.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for making the most of a crisis situation. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively gain the necessary confidence you need to handle a crisis effectively. This, of course, doesn’t mean that handling a crisis will ever be easy. It will, however, make things more manageable than before.
When you purchase the Handling a Crisis IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.