The Effective Decision-Making IQ Matrix explores how to make more effective and optimal decisions while in the pursuit of your goals. Decision-making is a cognitive process that helps you map out the consequences of your actions. It allows you to reach the best course of action to help you achieve your goals and ultimately shape your destiny. It is said that it’s in the moments of decision that we choose our fate. So whether those decisions are big or small, significant or seemingly insignificant, makes no difference.
Every decision you make shapes your life in innumerable and somewhat unpredictable ways. Your life is, in fact, how it is today because of all the decisions you’ve made in the past. And if any of those decisions had been different, then your life might not be what it is today. Given this, it’s clear that every decision you make significantly influences the direction of your life. So, wouldn’t it be of value to learn how to make more effective and optimal decisions?
As you work through this map you will progressively develop the required set of skills to help you save time, energy, and money. This will, likewise, minimize the mistakes that are often made when deciding on a course of action.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Effective-Decision Making mind map.
- Understanding Decision-Making: The first branch of this map explores the cognitive process of decision-making, it outlines the barriers to effective decision-making, and breaks down the influential forces that guide our choices each day.
- Making Effective Decisions: The second branch of this map presents you with a simple formula for making more effective decisions throughout the day. This formula is broken down into four stages. These stages include (1) know your outcome, (2) take immediate action, (3) measure your results, and (4) adapt your approach. Here you are also presented with several self-reflection questions that will help you develop a more adaptable approach to decision-making.
- Decisions Making Process: The third branch of this map delves into the six-step decision-making process that will help you clarify what you want and choose the best course of action moving forward. The steps of this process include (1) assessing the importance of your decision, (2) identifying possible courses of action, (3) listing the pros and cons and picking best alternatives, (4) examining worst and best-case scenarios, (5) choosing your course of action, and (6) evaluating results and outcomes.
- Decision-Making Tips: The final branch of this map outlines the do’s and don’ts of effective decision-making. As you learn to make more effective decisions, you will have a greater sense of control over your life. As a result, every decision you make will be purposeful, intentional, and move your life forward in a desired way.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for improving your ability to make more effective and optimal decisions. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the ability to make more effective decisions that will save you time, minimize mistakes, and make the most of opportunities.
When you purchase the Effective Decision Making IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.