The Decision-Making Model IQ Matrix provides a life coach with a model they can use to help their clients make more effective decisions about their life, problems, and circumstances. The model has been specifically developed for life coaches to guide their clients through the decision-making process. The model can, however, also be used for self-coaching purposes. It can help all of us gain a comprehensive understanding of a situation before making a critical life decision. The map is primarily built upon a set of key questions that help explore circumstances from a variety of angles and perspectives.
The map specifically breaks down how to overcome indecision. It then walks you through the model using a series of coaching questions. These questions will help your clients gain a comprehensive understanding of their circumstances before making a decision.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Decision-Making Model mind map.
- Curing Indecision: The first branch of this map delves into the importance of overcoming indecision. It specifically highlights how bad decisions help us gain a better understanding of what may be required to make a better decision. This branch also explores a six-step process you can use with your clients to help them overcome moments of indecision. It’s important to keep this process in mind as you work through the coaching questions presented in the remaining branches.
- Coaching Questions: The remaining three branches of this map outline various coaching questions you can use that will help your clients gain a comprehensive understanding of their situation. Answering these questions will provide them with the clarity they need to make more effective decisions. You will often begin with the “starter” coaching questions. These questions will provide you with the relevant insights you need that unlock a client’s decision-making process. From here you can move onto other question categories that explore various perspectives, consequences of decisions, feelings, alternate approaches, your client’s psychology, the sacrifices they must make, and the hidden motivations behind their preferences. The mind map also helps you explore opportunities that may result from deciding to go down a certain path. From here you can funnel your client down a very specific decision-making path. Asking all questions might, of course, not always be necessary. They are, however, here for you just in case you need to delve deeper into your client’s psychological world and circumstances.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for making more effective decisions about our lives and circumstances. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate this tool into your life coaching practice, and you will progressively help your clients make better decisions about their lives and circumstances. Likewise, you can use this model to help improve your decision-making skills.
When you purchase the Decision Making Model IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.