Improving Your Mood IQ Matrix explores various steps you can take to instantly improve your mood in any situation. Emotionally intelligent people understand that they are solely responsible for how they feel at any given moment. They understand that their mood influences their decisions, behavior, and actions. They must, therefore, effectively manage their mood to obtain their desired results. This mind map walks you through a five-step process you can use to instantly improve your mood. The map also outlines how to control your mood throughout the day, and how to transform your mood when circumstances get the better of you.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Improving Your Mood mind map.
- Experiencing a Bad Mood: The first branch of this map explores what it means to experience a bad mood, what specifically triggers a bad mood and the consequences of indulging in a bad mood for extended periods.
- Improving Mood Process: The second branch of this map outlines a five-step process to help you overcome a bad mood. Using this process will help you feel better almost instantly in any situation. The steps to this process include (1) acknowledging your bad mood, (2) identifying mood triggers, (3) assuming control of the situation, (4) questioning your mood, and (5) seeking out adequate solutions. The key to this process is a set of questions that you would ask yourself when you’re feeling moody. Answering these questions will instantly shift your perspective of your circumstances and thereby, improve your mood.
- Control Your Mood: The third branch of this map explores numerous things you can do to control your mood throughout the day. Write down the ideas that resonate most with you on paper, then try them out as you go about your day. Stick with what works, and recycle the rest.
- Transform Your Mood: The final branch of this map highlights several things you can do to transform your mood throughout the day. This is similar to the previous branch, however, this time the focus is on transforming your mood rather than controlling your mood.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for feeling better about your life and circumstances throughout the day. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the ability to better manage the peaks and troughs of your mood throughout the day.
When you purchase the Improving Your Mood IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.