The Optimist or Pessimist IQ Matrix explores the difference between an optimist and a pessimist mentality. Specifically, the map looks at how these two types of mindsets approach life and go about their day. This ultimately comes down to the perspectives they adopt and the decisions they make based on those perspectives. The mind map is divided into two parts. One part describes the optimist’s worldview and the other the pessimist’s worldview. Each of these branches explores the perspectives, habits, traits, characteristics, behaviors, and ultimately the mindset of an optimist and pessimist. The map also breaks down how an optimist and pessimist work through problems and setbacks. Some very interesting insights here.
Working through this map will help you to better understand the differences between these two mindsets. You can then freely choose what type of mindset you would like to adopt in each given situation as you pursue your goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Optimist or Pessimist mind map.
- An Optimist’s Worldview: The first two branches of this map delve into the world of an optimist. These branches explore the perspectives, habits, traits, characteristics, behaviors, and mindset of an optimist. You’re then taken through how an optimist approaches setbacks, works through problems, and pursues their goals. You can use this outline to help you develop an optimist’s view of the world.
- A Pessimist’s Worldview: The final two branches of this map delve into the world of a pessimist. These branches explore the perspectives, habits, traits, characteristics, behaviors, and mindset of a pessimist. You’re then taken through how a pessimist approaches setbacks, works through problems, and pursues their goals. It’s often helpful to adopt the worldview of an optimist. However, there will be times when adopting a pessimist’s worldview can be of value. Use these two branches to help you decide when such a time arises.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for adopting either an optimist or a pessimist view of the world. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Once you come to understand the difference between these two worldviews, you will be free to choose which one you would like to adopt. There are, of course, advantages and disadvantages to each. Some circumstances will favor one over the other. It’s ultimately in your hands which one you will choose to use in any given situation.
When you purchase the Optimist or Pessimist IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.