The Overcoming Worry IQ Matrix explores how to overcome irrational worries that prevent you from performing at your best. Did you know that over 90 percent of the things we worry about will never happen? And for the things that do, they are rarely as bad as we make them out to be. So why is it that we continue to imagine these hypothetical scenarios?
Getting caught up in the habit of obsessively worrying about things seems reasonable. It happens to all of us as we preoccupy ourselves with negative thoughts about an uncertain future. Worrying helps us gain some semblance of control over the situation. Only by controlling the situation are we able to calm ourselves down and gain some needed certainty. This assumption is, however, flawed. It’s flawed because most of the things we worry about aren’t within our control. This instantly directs our attention to the negatives, which, subsequently, makes us feel miserable. Things, however, don’t have to be this way. We can learn to overcome our worries. And this map can show you how.
This mind map identifies the two types of worries that we often indulge in. It describes how we tend to keep feeding our worries to our own detriment. It then highlights how to overcome worry by challenging our limiting beliefs. And concludes by presenting you with several guidelines for overcoming your worrisome thoughts and irrational predictions. Working through this map will help you develop the mindset and behaviors to successfully manage the nagging worries that keep you up at night.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Overcoming Worry mind map.
- Understanding Worry: The first branch of this map defines what it means to worry. It also breaks down the two types of worries that we are commonly plagued with and describes how we tend to maintain our habit of worrying over a lifetime.
- Transforming Worry: The second branch of this map explores how we can interrupt our pattern of worrying by challenging our limiting belief systems. Here you are taken through a series of self-reflection questions that will help you to challenge your limiting beliefs far more effectively. This will throw doubt upon your existing belief systems. Only then will you be able to install new empowering belief systems that will alter how you perceive your worries.
- Strategies: The final two branches of this map present you with guidelines on how to overcome your worries. These guidelines outline things you should avoid doing, how to turn your worries into a game or problem, how to alter your perspective of your worries, the qualities you must cultivate, and how to distract yourself from your worries. Here you are also presented with a series of self-reflection questions that will help you to put your worries into a proper perspective.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for gaining more peace of mind by overcoming your worries. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize them and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the traits, mindset, and behaviors to help you successfully manage and possibly overcome the nagging worries in your life.
When you purchase the Overcoming Worry IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store..
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.