The Developing a Plan of Action IQ Matrix explores how to develop an effective action plan for achieving any goal. When most people think about planning, they envision an arduous process that involves a great deal of time and effort. Planning tends to slow these people down; it makes pursuing their goal cumbersome and rigid. They instead, desire a more flexible approach where they can change direction at a moment notice. Of course, having the flexibility to change direction is important. This flexibility must, however, come with a well-built plan that takes numerous scenarios into account. Therefore, the argument that “you don’t need a plan” just doesn’t stand up.
Planning is required because it provides you with control over your outcome. Moreover, it provides you with a sense of certainty and confidence in what you’re doing. And it’s this confidence that propels you through the challenges that you will inevitably face. If learning how to plan is something you would like to do, then this map can show you the way.
The mind map specifically breaks down several critical components that go into creating an effective action plan. It provides you with guidelines on how to align your plan of action with your goals. It takes you through an ecology check to determine what impact your goals have on other aspects of your life. It then takes you through a future-pacing technique for setting ecological goals. And the map concludes by outlining several things you must do to lay down effective plans for achieving your desired goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Developing a Plan of Action mind map.
- The Components of Effective Planning: The first branch of this map breaks down some critical things you must consider when drawing up your plan of action. It specifically outlines how planning gives you more control over your desired outcome and how it encourages measurable results. Here you are provided with numerous self-reflection questions that will give you more clarity in each of these areas.
- Clarifying Your Goals: Without clear-cut goals, our plans would never get off the ground. Within the second branch of this map, you will discover how to clarify the goals that you would like to achieve. These goals will then become the foundational pieces of your action plan. Here you are presented with several self-reflection questions that will help you gain the clarity you need about each of your goals.
- Knowing Your Outcome: As we set forth with our plans, we often fail to consider the greater impact that these plans will have on our lives. With that in mind, this third branch takes you through an ecological-check and a future pacing technique to help you understand the impact that working toward your goals will have on other aspects of your life. The ecological-check involves answering several questions that will help you gain the clarity you need in this area.
- Guidelines for Effective Planning: The final branch of this map takes you through several guidelines that will help you set more effective plans for accomplishing your goals. These guidelines will also help you manage your time and yourself far more effectively.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing optimal action plans for accomplishing your goals. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop an understanding of how to formulate a sound action plan for accomplishing your goals.
When you purchase the Drawing Plan of Action IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.