The Execute and Master IQ Matrix takes you through the process of executing your plan in the real world. This is the fifth of a five-part series of mind maps that explores the creative problem-solving process. Having worked through the previous four steps of this process, you should now have a plan in place that’s built upon one key idea for solving your problem.
To “execute” means to put your plan into action, and to “master” means to learn from your experience and make improvements. Therefore, the purpose of this step is to take purposeful action to work your plan and learn from your experience (especially from mistakes and errors). This will, subsequently, help improve your ability to solve future problems.
Specifically, the mind map outlines how to execute your plan of action. It highlights the need to maintain a certain level of control as you work your plan. The map then walks you through how to reflect and learn from your problem-solving experience. And concludes by showing you how to anticipate future problems that are yet to arise as you continue working toward your goal.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Execute and Master mind map.
- The Purpose: The first branch of this map outlines the purpose of this specific stage of the problem-solving process.
- Execute Plan: The second branch takes you through the process of how to execute your plan to attain your desired outcome. The guidelines here will provide you with key areas that you must focus on to improve your chances of success.
- Take Charge: When it comes to executing your plan, it’s important to maintain a certain level of control over your decisions and action. This branch shows you how to take charge and remain focused throughout this process.
- Reflect and Learn: Whether or not you managed to attain your desired outcome, it’s now critical that you take time to reflect on your experience. Take a moment to reflect on the problem-solving process, on the mistakes you made, and the lessons you learned. This step will help you clarify what to do when confronted with similar problems in the future.
- Anticipate Future: Finally, to pave the way forward, we must take the time to project forward and begin anticipating future events and circumstances that might affect us. The final branch of this map provides you with key guidelines for handling future problems. It also outlines the questions you should be asking yourself to help you develop the foresight needed to anticipate these problems.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for putting your problem-solving plan to action. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary habits-of-mind to help you execute your plan of action.
Below you will find links to all five problem-solving mind maps. Together they will provide you with a comprehensive outline of the creative problem-solving process.
- Define Problem
- Investigate Problem
- Re-Imagine Idea
- Engineer Plan of Action
- Execute and Master
- BONUS: Solving Life’s Problems provides a solid introduction to the process and the mindset required to help you solve your life’s problems most effectively.
When you purchase the Execute and Master IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.