The Creating Momentum IQ Matrix explores how to build momentum that you can then use to accomplish your career goals and objectives. Do you get the feeling that your career is somewhat stagnating? This might not have been the case several months or years ago. But now, work feels like a chore. There is little interest, no excitement, and it feels as though there is a ceiling preventing you from climbing the career ladder. And try as you may, it doesn’t seem to make any difference. You can work your butt off, and it just doesn’t seem to change your results.
You’re stuck and unable to push your career forward. And yet you feel as though you have so much untapped potential, and so much more to give. You’re, therefore, left with two options. You can either accept how things are and continue living this way, or you can learn to build the momentum you need to move up the career ladder. Which path will you choose?
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Creating Momentum mind map.
- Reassess Your Goals: As you move towards your career goals, it’s essential to reassess them and ask yourself five fundamental questions. These questions will help lead you down the right path. The first branch of this map explores what questions you should be asking yourself along with the do’s and don’ts of goal-setting. Building momentum always begins with goal-setting, so make sure that you take time to go through this process.
- Find Mentors: We always need guidance along our career path. We need people to give us feedback and to help us course-correct at times. Mentors are critical. They can provide you with the skills, knowledge, and information you need to build momentum along your career path. Use the second branch of this map to help you find a mentor who can accelerate your progress towards your career goals.
- Build Partnerships: Success cannot be achieved alone. For this reason, we need to build relationships and partner with people who can help us attain our career goals. Even though you’re employed, this is no excuse for not living your life like the CEO of your own company. And as the CEO, you must establish partnerships that can help move your career forward.
- Take the initiative: The people who succeed and build lasting momentum are the ones who take the initiative to get noticed. This branch of the map explores how you can volunteer your time to gain the necessary experience you need to propel your career forward.
- Forward Planning: To get ahead, you need to learn to plan ahead. The last branch of this map presents you with 13 self-reflection questions to help you build unstoppable momentum in your career. These questions will provide you with deeper levels of clarity about your career path. Moreover, they will help you make the most of your career prospects and opportunities.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for accomplishing your career goals and for climbing the career ladder. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize the ideas and apply them to your life, and you will progressively improve your career prospects and build real momentum towards the attainment of your career goals and objectives.
When you purchase the Creating Momentum IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.