The Saving Money IQ Matrix explores how to generate long-term wealth by adopting sound money-saving habits. Many people accept the notion that saving money is a good idea. Their thoughts and actions are, however, misaligned. They want to save money, but they just can’t resist life’s temptations. People do, of course, at times, make an effort to save money. But for the most part, their efforts are in vain as the next temptation rolls around.
Getting into the habit of saving money isn’t easy. It requires a different approach that leads to significant changes in how you live and in the decisions you make. If, however, you desire to achieve long-term financial freedom, then saving money is something you must commit to doing each day consistently. Working through this map will help you develop critical savings habits for keeping more money in your pocket.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Saving Money mind map.
- Managing Your Finances: The first branch of this map presents you with practical guidelines to help you save money. It outlines the importance of setting a budget, creating an emergency fund, creating savings goals, consolidating your debts, paying off your credit cards, and more. These guidelines will help set the foundations for your money savings habits.
- Managing Transportation Costs: The second branch of this map outlines how you can save money on transportation costs by making smarter choices about how you utilize your car. This is an expense that many of us take for granted. It’s, actually, a significant expense. Any savings we can make here will drastically improve our financial position.
- Managing Home Expenses: The third branch of this map explores how you can effectively save money around the home. This, mainly, involves doing simple things that can dramatically help you cut costs and halve your household bills.
- Managing Lifestyle Expenses: The final branch of this map provides you with several guidelines to help you make small adjustments to your lifestyle that will save you money in the long-run. These are just some common sense ideas that work. And even the little things add up and make a big difference in the end. So, even if an idea saves you a couple of dollars here and there, it will all be worth it in the end. Every dollar you can save is a dollar less you have to earn.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing the habit of saving money and securing your financial future. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your financial plan, and you will progressively develop the necessary savings habits to create long-term financial security.
When you purchase the Saving Money IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary that breaks down each branch of the IQ Matrix in detail.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.