The Basketball Shooting Skills IQ Matrix will help you master the fundamentals of how to shoot a basketball more accurately. Learning how to shoot a basketball more effectively is a progressive process that requires specific and conscious repetitive actions. The focus here is to improve both your power and accuracy when shooting a basketball. This will, of course, take practice. You will need to practice the shooting fundamentals outlined in this map until they become second nature. In other words, you will need to practice them to a point where you no longer need to think about your shooting technique or motion.
Working through this mind map, you will discover what it takes to develop a shooter’s mentality. Moreover, the map takes you through how to shoot the ball. Specifically, what to do before, during, and after your shot. The map also outlines several poor shooting habits that will slow down your progress as you work on becoming a better shooter.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Basketball Shooting Skills mind map.
- Ultimate Basketball Mindset: The first branch of this map explores how to develop an empowering and resilient basketball mindset. Here you will discover the traits that you must begin to cultivate and how you should approach your shooting practices.
- Check Before Shooting Basketball: The second branch of this map walks you through what you must pay attention to before taking your shot. Here the map breaks down what to do with your knees, shooting hand, guide hand, elbows, feet, and how to use your eyes.
- Check During Your Shot: The third branch of this map takes you through what you must be aware of while shooting the basketball. Here the map breaks down what to focus on, how to release the ball, and how to maintain your balance. There are also some guidelines about what not to do when shooting the ball.
- Check After Your Shot: The fourth branch of this map explores what to look out for after your shoot the basketball. It specifically breaks down what to do with your feet, your guide arm, and your shooting hand once the ball is released.
- Poor Basketball Shooting Habits: The final branch of this map takes you through some examples of poor shooting habits that will sabotage your success when shooting a basketball. This branch specifically breaks down the habits of dropping the basketball, shooting the ball flat, moving your eyes off the target, angling your elbow, and more.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing a reliable shooting technique to help you shoot more accurately. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your basketball training regime, and you will progressively develop a reliable shooting technique, which will help improve your accuracy when shooting the basketball.
When you purchase the Basketball Shooting Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.