The Seasons of Life IQ Matrix explores the natural rhythms and cycles of the seasons as they relate to our physical and psychological well-being. The mind map explores how life is comprised of psychological cycles that we transition through over a lifetime. These psychological seasons are categorized into the seasons of summer, autumn, winter, and spring. Each season relates to our psychological tendencies and life experiences.
The mind map breaks down the triggers, the characteristics, and the experiences we typically identify with while moving through each season. The map also presents you with several self-reflection questions to help you transition through each season. Working through this map will help you make the most of life transitions no matter what season you’re going through. In the end, it’s not what happens to us, but rather how we interpret what happens to us that brings lasting change and transformation.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Seasons of Life mind map.
- The Cycles of Life: The first branch of this map explores how life is comprised of psychological cycles or seasons that we transition through over a lifetime. These seasons are natural as much as they are a beneficial part of life. How we go about transitioning through each season determines the value we gain from each season. Included here are several self-reflection questions that will help you assess how prior seasons have shaped your life.
- The Seasons of Life: The remaining branches of this map explore the seasons of Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. As you work your way through each season, you will discover the triggers that bring about that season in your life. Included here are also the psychological and physical characteristics of that season. The seasonal characteristics are interpreted within the map as experiences that we typically have during that season. These are things we tend to do or things that we should spend time doing during that seasonal phase of our lives. The Summer Season is a time of fulfillment, celebration, and reward. The Autumn Season is a time for making mistakes, dealing with problems, and transition. The Winter Season is a time for planning, hibernation, and self-reflection. And the Spring Season is a time for learning, progressive thinking, and making the most of opportunities that we can reap during the Summer Season.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for effectively working through change and transition in life. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively discover that it’s not what happens to us that makes a difference. It’s rather how we interpret what happens to us that makes all the difference. That is, ultimately, what transforms us.
When you purchase the Seasons of Life IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.