The Embracing Change IQ Matrix explores how to better manage the process of change in your life. Change rarely easy. And you can bet that it will always feel uncomfortable. Whether you’re making changes for the better or whether an unexpected change has suddenly hit you hard — change takes time and patience. Making and adapting to change is something that we need to work on. It’s certainly something that we can get better at over time, but it will take practice and a bit of understanding of what to do when change is forced upon us. And that is precisely the purpose of this map. It will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of how to work through planned and unexpected change. Change will no longer feel like a daunting and uncomfortable experience. You will instead feel secure in the fact that you can make the most of change.
The mind map highlights the surprising benefits of unexpected change. It walks you through what’s required to successfully transition through these changes. It then outlines a three-step process to better prepare, manage, and adapt to unexpected change. The map also explores how to successfully make planned changes to your life. It then takes you through a three-step process for successfully putting the planned changes you have in mind to action.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Embracing Change mind map.
- Unexpected Change: The first branch of this map explores the surprising benefits of unexpected change. Moreover, it breaks down what’s required to transition through these changes. This branch also helps shift your perspective and understanding of what unexpected change can bring to your life.
- Unexpected Change Process: The second branch of this map outlines a three-step process you can use to better prepare, manage, and adapt to the unexpected changes that life often brings our way. These steps include (1) preparing for possible change and worst-case scenarios, (2) responding to change rationally and objectively, and (3) learning from your experience. Here you are also presented with numerous self-reflection questions that will encourage you to think about your life and circumstances on a deeper level.
- Planned Change: The third branch of this map explores how to manage and successfully make planned changes in your life. Planned change often involves transforming your limiting habits, behaviors, and other aspects of your life.
- Planned Change Process: The final branch of this map outlines a three-step process you can use to successfully plan, manage, and put into action planned changes in your life. The steps of this process include (1) clarifying the changes you want to make and the person you would like to become, (2) identifying obstacles and challenges that you’re likely to face, and (3) developing a plan, a process of accountability, and a rewards system. Use these steps to help you successfully make planned changes to your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for making the most of planned and unexpected change. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively take control of the unexpected and planned changes in your life.
When you purchase the Embracing Change IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.