The Developing Soft Skills IQ Matrix explores the importance of spending time on developing critical soft skills that are currently in high demand. It is said that hard skills will often get you the job, while soft skills will help you keep it. Because technology and workplace environments are rapidly changing, a College degree is often no longer enough. As such, companies are now looking to hire people with the right mix of soft skills that will complement the hard skills their employees will learn on the job.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Developing Soft Skills mind map.
- Soft Skill: The first branch of this map explores the difference between soft and hard skills. Moreover, it outlines the value and importance of taking the time to develop your soft skills. as well as the 11 indispensable soft skills that are currently most in demand across all industries and career paths.
- Developing Soft Skills: The remaining three branches of this mind map take you through the 11 indispensable soft skills that are currently in demand across many industries and career paths. These soft skills include communication skills, collaboration skills, interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, a strong work ethic, problem-solving skills, self-management skills, research skills, adaptability skills, leadership skills, and professionalism on the job. Working on developing these skills will significantly improve your career prospects.
Here is a list of the 11 soft skills that are covered within the map:
- Communication Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strong Work Ethic
- Problem Solving Skills
- Self Management Skills
- Research Skills
- Adaptability Skills
- Leadership Skills
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing critical soft skills that will enhance your career prospects. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Taking time to develop these soft skills will improve your career prospects in just about any industry. In fact, even if you don’t have the necessary hard skills required to get the job, then spend time highlighting how you have applied the 11 soft skills within this map in a work environment. This will give you an edge over other job applicants who only focus on hard skills. This approach could potentially make all the difference to your job hunting prospects.
When you purchase the Developing Soft Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.