The GROW Model IQ Matrix explores a simple yet very powerful method used by life coaches to help their clients set effective goals. the GROW Model is a framework used by life coaches to help guide their clients through the goal-setting process. This framework, can, however, be used for self-coaching purposes as well. This mind map outlines the purpose and the reasoning behind the GROW Model. It breaks the GROW Model down into four distinct steps.
These steps include (1) getting very clear about your goal, (2) exploring the circumstances of your current reality, (3) taking into consideration all available options, and (4) paving the way forward. Many life coaches use a personally modified version of the GROW Model as part of their coaching framework. It is, in many ways, one of the more fundamentally sound and effective ways for setting goals. And something you can learn to master as you work through this map.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the GROW Model mind map.
- The Grow Model: The first branch of this map breaks down the purpose and benefits behind using the Grow Model as a process for setting goals.
- Phase 1 – Establish Your Goal: Phase 1 of the GROW Model involves establishing and clarifying the goal that you would like to achieve. There are five distinct sub-steps to this process. These steps include (1) outlining your goal, (2) imagining achieving goal, (3) identifying difficulty level of your goal, (4) defining timeframe for achieving your goal, and (5) identifying level of control.
- Phase 2 – Explore Your Reality: Phase 2 of the GROW Model involves exploring your current reality. Here you are tasked to identify your resources, potential challenges, capabilities, and other variables that are critical for goal achievement.
- Phase 3 – Consider Your Options: Phase 3 of the GROW Model involves the consideration of options. Here you are tasked with identifying various options that will help you overcome the potential challenges, problems, and setbacks that may arise as you work toward your goal.
- Phase 4 – The Way Forward: Phase 4 of the GROW Model involves paving the way forward. Here you are tasked with developing a plan of action for achieving your goal. It’s vitally important to set realistic timeframes and to outline your highest priority activities. Scattered throughout each phase are numerous self-reflection questions that will help you to work your way through the GROW Model far more effectively. You can use these questions for self-coaching purposes or for coaching your clients through the GROW Model.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for setting practical and achievable goals using the GROW Model. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively discover how to set more effective goals using a proven life coaching model that is guaranteed to get you results.
When you purchase The Grow Model IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.