The Working Smarter IQ Matrix explores how to stop being busy, and build the habit of working on the most important things that will help push your goals forward. This mind map will re-prioritize how you think and how you work on your tasks and activities. No longer will you get caught up in just “being busy”. When we’re busy, it doesn’t necessarily mean we’re making much progress. Progress is made when we make better choices to work on the right things, at the right time, for the right amount of time, and for the right reasons. That is the only way to accelerate our results.
This mind map outlines what it means to be genuinely busy. It explores how to prioritize your tasks and activities. It then highlights the difference between a task that is important, necessary, and unnecessary. It delves into how to make better choices that will move your goals forward. And it concludes by presenting you with various guidelines and suggestions for working smarter, not harder.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Working Smarter mind map.
- Just Being Busy: The first branch of this map looks at what it means to be genuinely busy and falsely busy. There is a distinct difference between the two. It’s unfortunate how many people get caught up thinking that they’re genuinely busy when they’re just indulging in poor work habits. Use the guidelines presented within this branch as a checklist to help you determine whether you’re genuinely busy or just wasting your time.
- Prioritizing Your Activities: The second branch of this map explores what it means to prioritize your tasks and activities. The key is to align them with your most important values and goals. Here, you will discover the difference between what’s important, necessary, and unnecessary. Furthermore, you’re presented with a set of self-analysis questions that will help you focus on your highest priority tasks and activities.
- Making Better Choices: Working smarter means making better choices that will help you focus on critical tasks and activities. Moreover, it’s about finding ways to work more effectively and efficiently throughout the day. This branch presents you with a five-step process you can use that will help you make better choices. And when you start making better choices, this will naturally boost your daily output and results. The steps include recognizing your unproductive activity, questioning its long-term consequences, separating yourself from the activity, reminding yourself of what’s most important, then finally changing your activity.
- Guidelines for Working Smarter: The final branch of this map presents you with several guidelines and suggestions that will help you to work less and get more done. This effectively comes down to choosing to work smarter rather than harder.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for boosting productivity by working smarter not harder. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively make better choices that will help boost your productivity. And as your productivity increases, your results will also improve, and you will begin building the momentum you need to achieve your goals.
When you purchase the Working Smarter IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix that breaks down each branch of this map.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.