The Improving Mental Focus IQ Matrix explores how to develop your ability to focus more productively on your goals, tasks, and routines. As you improve your mental focus, this will naturally enhance your output and productivity throughout the day. To focus on something, of course, means having the ability to concentrate, to involve, and fully immerse yourself within a task, activity, or goal for an extended period without distraction. In other words, to focus on something is by no means a passive act. It’s instead something that requires your full involvement and interaction.
This is an excellent definition of what it means to stay focused. But I guess the challenge for most of us isn’t so much an inability to stay focused; it’s rather committing ourselves to remain focused on the right things. And that’s where this map will be of greatest value. It will help improve your ability to focus on the right things to help you accomplish your goals.
This mind map specifically identifies various ways to improve your mental focus as it relates to setting and achieving your goals. It outlines a six-step process you can use to stay focused on your highest priority activities throughout the day. It explores your environment and how to modify it to improve your focus and concentration. It delves into daily and weekly routines and how to improve them to stay focused for longer. And the map concludes by breaking down the mindset we must cultivate to become more focused and driven as we work toward our goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Improving Mental Focus mind map.
- Focus on Your Goals: The first branch of this map explores how to improve your level of mental focus when it comes to setting and achieving your goals. Here you presented with a hierarchy of what it takes to accomplish a goal. The branch also outlines three things you should avoid doing when it comes to goal setting. And it walks you through a five-step process for setting up your goals. The steps of this process include (1) defining your goals, (2) clarifying your reasons for accomplishing each goal, (3) prioritizing your goals, (4) specifying a start and end date, and (5) scheduling your time for achieving each goal. Use these steps to help guide your goal-setting activities.
- Focus on Your Tasks: The second branch of this map outlines a six-step process you can follow to help you stay focused on critical tasks and activities essential to goal achievement. The steps of this process include (1) choosing what to focus on, (2) removing roadblocks and distractions, (3) anticipating your physical needs, (4) simplifying your tasks, (5) visualizing the end result, and (6) working productively. Use these steps in the order they have been presented here will help you to stay focused for extended periods as you work toward your goals.
- Your Environment: The third branch of this map explores your environment, and how you can modify it in small ways to boost your levels of focus throughout the day.
- Your Routine: The fourth branch of this map delves into your daily and weekly routine. Moreover, it looks at ways you can modify this routine to boost your level of focus throughout the day.
- Your Mindset: The final branch of this map breaks down the mindset you must learn to cultivate each day to become a more focused and driven person. This branch also explores the consequences that a lack of focus can bring to your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for improving your mental focus to help you accomplish your goals faster. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively improve your ability to focus for extended periods. And as your focus improves, so will your output and results. You will get more done in less time and accomplish your goals faster.
When you purchase the Improving Mental Focus IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.