The Accepting Responsibility IQ Matrix explores the value of taking full responsibility for your life. Whether something is your fault or not, it’s always helpful to take responsibility. That way you always have options and some semblance of control over what’s going to happen next. People, will, however, often choose to shy away from taking responsibility. They will instead make excuses, complain, or blame others and circumstances for their problems. This, subsequently, saps their personal power and leaves them in a very vulnerable state. As a result, they end up feeling powerless, helpless, and unable to control their fate. On the other hand, when we accept full responsibility, this empowers us to take positive and proactive action toward our desired aims.
This mind map breaks down what it means to take responsibility for your life. It explores how to start taking responsibility for everything that happens to you. It then goes through the requirements for taking responsibility. And concludes by outlining a five-step process for developing the habit of taking responsibility.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Accepting Responsibility mind map.
- Fully Accept: Before you can switch on your “responsibility mindset”, you must first fully accept that life just isn’t fair. You might do all the right things in the right way, and you will still get kicked in the backside when you least expect it. Life just isn’t fair, but that doesn’t give you the green light to complain about it. Life isn’t fair, and we must accept that. Only then will you be in the right frame-of-mind to begin taking responsibility for everything that life throws your way.
- Taking Responsibility: What if you took responsibility for absolutely everything? I mean absolutely everything. Whether it was your fault or not — a problem of your own making or not. What difference could this shift in responsibility have on your life? This branch shows you what it means to take responsibility for everything and the value that this can add to your life.
- The Requirements: To accept responsibility we must, of course, do certain things and be a certain way. The third branch of this map explores the requirements for accepting responsibility for your choices, decisions, actions, problems, and circumstances. Use this branch as a checklist to determine whether you’re ready to make this important shift in your life.
- Accepting Responsibility Process: The final two branches of this map delve into a five-step process for taking responsibility for your life. This process is ideal for times when you blame, complain, and make a plethora of excuses. It’s during these times when this five-step process will be of greatest value.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for taking responsibility for your life and circumstances. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life and you will progressively begin taking more responsibility for your life. And with the acceptance of responsibility comes a desire for proactive action. This will encourage solution-based thinking, which will, subsequently, help you overcome life’s toughest challenges.
When you purchase the Accepting Responsibility IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.