The Accepting Responsibility IQ Matrix explores the value of taking full responsibility for your life’s choices, decisions, and actions; whether something is your fault or not. Typically most people often shy away from taking responsibility and instead end up making excuses, complaining and/or blaming people and circumstances for their problems or predicament. This literally saps their personal power and leaves them in a very vulnerable place where they feel powerless to control their life and circumstances. On the other hand, when we accept full responsibility for absolutely everything, this naturally empowers us to take positive proactive action towards our desired aims.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Accepting Responsibility IQ Matrix:
- Fully Accept: Before you can switch on the “responsibility mindset”, you must fully accept that life just isn’t fair. You might do all the right things in the right way, and you will still get a kick in the backside when you least expect it. Life just isn’t fair, but that doesn’t mean that you should be complaining about it. Life isn’t fair, and we must accept that. Only then will you be in the right frame-of-mind to begin taking responsibility for everything that life throws your way.
- Taking Responsibility: What if you lived life by taking responsibility for absolutely everything? I mean absolutely everything, whether it was your fault or not; a problem of your own making or not… What difference could this shift in responsibility have on your life? This branch shows you what it means to take responsibility for everything and the value that this can add to your life. Now, of course, “everything” doesn’t mean that global issues are your problem. But in some ways, we are all part of the problem, and the little things we do can make a big difference if many of us do those little things.
- The Requirements: Of course in order to accept responsibility we must do certain things and be a certain way. This third branch explores the requirements for accepting responsibility for your choices, decisions, actions, problems, and circumstances. Use this branch as a checklist to determine whether or not you are ready to make this shift in your life.
- Accepting Responsibility Process: The final two branches of this map delve into the five-step process to help you begin taking responsibility for your life. This process is ideal for those times when you just think that life is unfair and you’re ready to make excuses, blame and/or complain. It’s during these times when this five-step process will be of greatest value. However, you must get into the habit of consciously working through this process up until the moment it becomes second nature.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life and you will progressively begin taking more responsibility for your choices, decisions, and actions. And with the acceptance of responsibility comes the desire for proactive action that will help encourage solution-based thinking to help you overcome life’s toughest challenges.
When you purchase the Accepting Responsibility IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
About the MindManager file format
This file can be opened and edited using MindManager mind mapping software. Alternatively, you can also use iMindMap or the free mind mapping software xMind to open this map. Please, however, be aware that opening this file using another software besides MindManager will alter the formatting of the map. However, all content will be intact and the map can still be edited and reformatted to suit your purposes. This file is zipped and can be unzipped using file archiver software. We recommend you use the free open source 7-zip software.
For further details, please view the FAQ page.