The Acting on Inspiration IQ Matrix explores how to find the inspiration you need to take proactive action working toward your goals. While this map is about inspiration, it’s important not to get caught up trying to find endless sources of inspiration. Sometimes we are so desperate to find sources of inspiration that we forget that inspiration is an outcropping of action. When you take purposeful action, that’s when you gain the necessary insights you need that lead to inspiration. Inspiration is, therefore, only one part of the puzzle, and probably not the most important part.
This mind map walks you through what it takes to find inspiration. It breaks down a five-step process for finding inspiration. And concludes by presenting you with further guidelines and suggestions to help you move from a state of inspiration to inspired action.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Acting on Inspiration mind map.
- Getting Inspired: Are you lacking the inspiration you need to act decisively? Inspiration doesn’t just come out of the blue. Inspiration comes in very specific ways. You will, in fact, only find inspiration when you adopt a very specific type of mindset. This mindset and approach to finding inspiration is presented in a very subtle way within the first branch of this map. Furthermore, it’s important to mention here that inspiration must encourage action. If you’re inspired but don’t act, then what’s the point of going through this process?
- Inspiration Process: The second branch of this map breaks down a five-step process you can continuously use to find inspiration. It’s, however, important to note that all of us have very different ways of finding inspiration. As such, it’s vital to use this process only as a guide. Adapt it to your own best practices for finding inspiration. Only in this way will you gain the most from this process. The process of steps includes knowing what you want, scheduling time for inspiration, expanding on your ideas, figuring out what’s required, and taking decisive action.
- Finding Inspiration: The final two branches of this map provide numerous suggestions that can help move us from inspiration to decisive action. Some of these suggestions might seem a little strange and unusual. But don’t let that fool you into thinking that they won’t work in your situation. Inspiration often comes in many surprising but specific ways. You must, therefore, be willing to try something new. You just never know what might come about.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for finding inspiration and taking decisive action towards your goals. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively find the inspiration you need to act more decisively working toward your goals. It’s, however, important to remember that action often breeds inspiration. It’s rarely the other way around.
When you purchase the Acting on Inspiration IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.