The Developing Patience IQ Matrix explores the value of patience and how you can use it to improve the quality of your life. Having patience is the ability to tolerate waiting and delays without becoming frustrated or agitated. Moreover, it is the ability to remain calm when facing difficulties and adversity. By controlling one’s emotions, the patient person can control their natural impulses far more effectively. It’s, after all, these impulses that lead people astray.
When we display patience, this often enhances our ability to think rationally, objectively, and critically about our lives and circumstances. Moreover, it increases our happiness as we are no longer at the whim of circumstances, but rather sitting in the driver’s seat — in full control of the mental and emotional faculties of our minds. Working through this map will help you cherish the value of patience and the positive impact it can have on your life.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Developing Patience mind map.
- What it Means to Have Patience: The first branch of this map explores what it means to have patience. It also identifies the key benefits that can be derived from cultivating patience each day. These benefits help improve how we think, make decisions, evaluate circumstances, overcome adversity, interact with people, and more.
- Fundamental Realizations: The second branch of this map outlines several realizations that we must become aware of if we are to learn to cultivate more patience in our lives. These realizations help us make perspective shifts in how we think about patience, impatience, and how we handle people, events, and circumstances.
- Overcoming Impatience Process: The fourth branch of this map breaks down a five-step process to help you overcome the habit of impatience. The steps of this process include (1) recognize your impatience, (2) take time to think, (3) identify your triggers, (4) assess your circumstances, perspective, and potential solutions, and (5) decide whether to act, wait or observe. Here you are also presented with critical questions that will help you gain the clarity you need to work through moments of impatience far more effectively.
- Overcoming Impatience Tips: The final branch of this map provides you with several suggestions to help you develop critical habits required for developing more patience.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing more patience. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively come to realize the tremendous value that a little patience can bring to your life.
When you purchase the Developing Patience IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.