The Developing Self-Discipline IQ Matrix, and accompanying 27 page eBook, explore how to cultivate the mindset, habits, and behaviors required to develop focused self-discipline. Self-discipline is at the core of any successful endeavor. Those who can discipline themselves to the pursuit of their goals are far more effective and productive. Moreover, they achieve their goals faster than people who lose focus or get sidetracked along the way.
On the surface, it might be said that self-discipline is about finding compelling reasons to do something then committing yourself to see things through to the end. However, self-discipline is more specifically about your ability to control your desires and impulses in an attempt to stay focused (for long enough) on what needs to get done to achieve that goal. And that’s precisely what this map will help you do.
This mind map specifically provides you with a comprehensive definition of self-discipline. It outlines the various building blocks of self-discipline. It walks you through a six-step process for developing self-discipline while working towards your goals. It then highlights ideas to help you strengthen your self-discipline. And concludes by breaking down how to exercise self-discipline when facing adversity. As you work through this map you will come to understand what it takes to achieve your goals using focused self-discipline.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Developing Self-Discipline mind map.
- Understanding Self-Discipline: The first branch of this map explores what it means to have self-discipline. It also outlines the benefits of self-discipline and walks you through the requirements for building self-discipline in your life.
- The Self-Discipline Process: The second branch of this map breaks down a six-step process to help you exercise the self-discipline you need to develop a new habit or to pursue a goal. The steps of this process include (1) defining your goal, (2) describing your desired behavior and the person you would like to become, (3) finding appropriate role models, (4) identifying reasons and potential obstacles, (5) outlining your plan of action, and (6) enrolling a support team and an accountability partner. Scattered throughout these steps, you will find numerous self-reflection questions that will help you to gain more clarity about each step of this process.
- Developing Self-Discipline: The third branch of this map provides you with various guidelines for how to begin infusing self-discipline into your daily actions and interactions with others. Commit to implementing each of these ideas into your life, and you will be well on your way to developing focused self-discipline.
- When Facing Obstacles: The final branch of this map outlines what to do when you find yourself lacking self-discipline when faced with obstacles, setbacks, and adversity. This branch explores what you should focus on during such moments, and things you should avoid doing at all costs.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for developing the self-discipline needed to accomplish a goal. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the self-discipline required to help you accomplish your desired goals and objectives.
When you purchase the Developing Self-Discipline IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.