The Handling Conflict IQ Matrix explores several ways you can resolve conflict and disagreements in an effective and amicable manner. Conflicts don’t need to be emotional verbal battles. They can instead help you build stronger emotional bonds with people. You must, however, approach these conflicts in a rational way. Winning an argument should not be your main objective. In fact, sometimes it’s probably better to agree to disagree. Conflict does, however, provide an opportunity to learn about yourself, about others, and about your circumstances, but only if you keep an open mind and show a willingness to grow from the experience. This mind map walks you through everything you need to know to resolve conflict.
Specifically, the mind map takes you through a five-step conflict resolution process. It highlights the importance of taking a timeout in the heat of the moment. And presents you with numerous guidelines for resolving conflict more effectively in your relationships.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Handling Conflict mind map.
- Understanding Conflict: The first branch of this map explores everything you need to know to effectively resolve conflict. Successful conflict resolution requires that you do certain things that are outlined in this branch. You must, however, actively apply these ideas to get the most out of every conflict-of-interest. These guidelines will also help you to understand the value that occasional conflict can bring to your life.
- Conflict Resolution Process: The second branch of this map breaks down the five-step conflict resolution process. Your first step is to show a willingness to listen to the other person. The second step involves acknowledging your understanding of the other person’s argument. The third step requires an understanding of the outcome you would like to realize. The fourth step provides you with a chance to speak up. And the fifth step explores key focus areas to help you resolve this conflict of interest.
- Take a Timeout: During conflict resolution, your emotions might, at times, start getting the better of you. It’s during such moments, that a timeout is needed to gather your thoughts and settle your emotions. The third branch of this map explores what to do when you disengage from the conflict. Specifically, this branch presents you with numerous questions you can ask yourself that will help you clarify your thoughts, assess the other person’s needs, and to potentially resolve the conflict-of-interest.
- Conflict Resolution Guidelines: The final branch of this map presents you with numerous guidelines for resolving conflict far more effectively. The branch breaks down what to do and what not to do when it comes to conflict resolution. Follow these guidelines and you will minimize unnecessarily aggravating the situation.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for resolving conflicts and for building mutually supportive relationships. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the necessary skills and mindset to effectively resolve conflicts and build stronger bonds and relationships.
When you purchase the Handling Conflict IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.