The Value of Respect IQ Matrix explores the interconnection between giving respect and earning respect and how this can help you become a more trusted and dependable person. The saying goes that when you give people your respect, you will, in turn, earn their respect. Genuine respect comes from the heart, where you accept a person for who and how they are irrespective of their differences or varying viewpoints.
This map is divided into two parts. The first two branches of the map explore various ways to give and demonstrate respect while interacting with others. The following two branches of the map take you through how to earn respect through your words, decisions, behavior, and actions. Use this map as a guide to help you become a well-respected and trusted individual.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Value of Respect mind map.
GIVE RESPECT: The easiest way to earn other people’s respect is first to give them your respect. The first two branches of this map take you through various ways to show people that you respect them. You can, of course, give people your respect through your words or demonstrate your respect through your actions. A mix of both is the ideal approach. The strength of every relationship you have (intimate, friendship, professional) is built upon mutual trust, respect, and understanding. When these elements are missing, the relationship is doomed to fail. The guidelines here will help you recognize daily opportunities for giving people the depth of respect they deserve.
EARN RESPECT: It is always important to start by giving respect without expectations of getting anything back in return. By providing others your respect, you, in turn, earn other people’s respect. However, there are certain things that people do that undermine their ability to earn the respect of those around them. The last two branches of this map take you through the qualities, virtues, and behaviors that you must nurture to help you earn the respect of your peers in social, professional, and intimate settings. Use these guidelines as somewhat of a checklist to direct you on how to engage and interact with others to earn their trust and respect. Remember that respect is never given. It is always earned. And that takes a considerable amount of work and effort.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for giving people respect and for earning their respect in return. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
When you purchase the Value of Respect IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- An Idea Generation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a segmented canvas for brainstorming ideas about this topic.
- A Free Form Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with an almost blank canvas for exploring this topic in a multitude of creative ways.
- A Memory Recall Template of the IQ Matrix that helps you recall the information contained within the map from memory.
- A Language Translation Template of the IQ Matrix that provides you with a canvas for translating the content of this map into another language.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the mind map (text-only version).
- An Xmind file for those who want an alternative to MindManager (text-only version).
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A Second and Third Version of the map with an additional layer of text that gives you deeper insights into this topic.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix will be added to your account page at no extra cost when made available.