The Don’t be Stubborn IQ Matrix explores how to become more accepting and open to other people’s opinions and ideas. When we’re stubborn, we often close ourselves off from gaining new insights and perspectives. This is another one of those covert ways we tend to sabotage our progress as we work toward a goal. Little do we realize, at the time, that our stubbornness is denying us access to incredible opportunities and resources that could potentially help improve our circumstances.
This mind map breaks down what stubbornness means and the harmful effect it has on our life. It presents you with a five-step process for overcoming stubbornness. It then walks you through guidelines on how to work through moments of stubbornness. And concludes by outlining how to deal with stubborn people using a quick three-step process. Working through this map will help you become more open-minded and accepting of other people’s opinions, perspectives, and ideas.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Don’t be Stubborn mind map.
- Being Stubborn: The first branch of this map explores the nature of stubbornness. Stubbornness is a defensive mechanism we use to protect ourselves from harm. This harm can, of course, be real or imagined. How helpful or unhelpful it is, depends on the situation. There are, however, numerous reasons why you might be feeling a little stubborn. This branch outlines each one of these reasons. It also explores the first step you must take to overcome stubbornness. That first step comes in the form of having a willingness to accept that you are fallible.
- Overcoming Stubbornness: The next two branches of this map break down a five-step process you can use to overcome moments of stubbornness. Your first task is to acknowledge your stubbornness. Your second task is to listen openly to the other person. Your third task is to find the courage to question your assumptions. Your fourth task is to think through the situation carefully. And your final task is to respond appropriately. All these steps are presented in far more detail within the map and include several self-reflection questions that will help shift how you think about your circumstances.
- Further Guidelines: This branch presents further guidelines that will help you work through moments of stubbornness far more effectively. You will find that in some instances being stubborn can be quite helpful. In other situations, your stubbornness will, however, only cause more problems. It’s your responsibility to recognize these differences.
- Dealing with Stubborn People: The final branch of this map takes on a different perspective and looks at ways you can deal with the stubborn people in your life. This branch presents you with a three-step process you can use to handle a stubborn person. The branch also outlines some interesting approaches you can take to encourage a stubborn person to let their guard down.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for staying open-minded and for making the most of our opportunities. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively become more open-minded and accepting of people’s opinions, perspectives, and ideas. No longer will stubbornness control your life and cloud your judgment. You will now be more receptive to alternate points of view that can help improve your life and circumstances.
When you purchase the Don’t be Stubborn IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.