The Sensible Parenting IQ Matrix explores how to become a more nurturing, thoughtful, and supportive parent. It’s not easy being a parent. There are so many challenges and unexpected circumstances that make parenting extremely difficult. As parents, we always have our child’s best interests in mind. We are, however, human and are prone to making mistakes. For instance, things that seem insignificant that we typically take for granted could, in fact, influence our children in unsupportive ways. So even with our best intentions, we might not make the best decisions or the best of a situation, and this could impact the emotional growth of our children in ways that we never intended.
Things, however, don’t have to be this way. All it takes is just a little understanding of how the things we say and do impact our child’s emotional state of mind. Once we’re aware of the impact we have on their state of being, we can make corrections and build more nurturing and supportive relationships with our children. And if this is something you would like to do, then this map will show you how it’s done.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Sensible Parenting mind map.
- Keys to Nurturing: Let’s initially jump to the second branch of this map, which presents you with fundamental guidelines and teaching principles that we must incorporate into our daily interactions with our children. A vital area of this branch focuses on teaching kids critical life lessons in crucial areas of life that help support their growth and development into adulthood.
- Path Towards Neglect: Let’s now back up and explore the first branch of this map, which breaks down the Path of Neglect. The Path of Neglect explores how certain well-intentioned parental actions, decisions, and behaviors can negatively impact your children. Specifically, the map breaks down seven things that parents do that negatively impact their kids’ emotional growth, confidence, and development. These seven things include (1) not giving your kids enough attention, (2) using guilt as a persuasive tool, (3) using negative words in conversation, (4) not giving your children enough appreciation, (4) withholding love, and (5) running an authoritarian home environment. The branch also breaks down the negative consequences of choosing the Path of Neglect and the impact this has on your kids.
- Path Towards Love: The final branch of this map breaks down the Path of Love. The Path of Love explores the seven actions we can take and the decisions we can make as parents to positively impact the emotional growth, confidence, and development of our children. These seven things include (1) praising your kids and showing your approval, (2) using positive words in conversation, (3) having a loving marriage, (4) showing admiration and appreciation, (5) setting positive expectations, (6) providing constructive criticism, and (7) running a democratic home environment. As you work through this branch, you will discover how each of these things impacts your kids and helps them to grow into their full potential.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for building more nurturing and supportive relationships with your children. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your interactions with your children, and you will progressively begin making more sensible parental decisions that will support the positive emotional growth and development of your children.
When you purchase the Sensible Parenting IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.