The Memory Cottage IQ Matrix is designed as a useful memory pegging tool to help you remember long lists of items quickly and easily. It’s ideal for those learning subjects that require you to remember various facts. You can also use this tool to remember a list of items, such as a shopping list or directions to a destination.
The key to using this tool is to first commit the rooms and items within the memory cottage to your memory. In this particular instance, there are 21 things that you must store away in your long-term memory banks. Once that’s done, your next step is to select the things to remember, then start pegging these things to each item within the cottage in a memorable and imaginative way. Instructions are provided below.
Here is a quick breakdown of how to use the Memory Cottage mind map.
- Your first step is to commit the rooms and items within the cottage from 1 to 21 to memory. Make sure that you are very clear on the order of each item. DO NOT proceed until this has been done.
- Having successfully memorized each item, it’s now time to select the information that you would like to remember.
- Peg the 1st item on your list to the grandfather clock. This item that you would like to remember must interact with the grandfather clock in a way that is memorable and creative. Use your imagination to create something unforgettable.
- Peg the 2nd item on your list to the candle chandelier. Again use your imagination by making the picture in your mind unique and memorable.
- Continue to peg all items on your list to the items found within the Memory Cottage in imaginative ways.
- To recall your list, simply think back to the first peg within the Memory Cottage (the grandfather clock). Now recall the item associated with the clock. The more imaginative and captivating the connection, the easier it will be to remember.
- Continue recalling all items on your list in this manner.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for improving your memory and recall of a list of things you would like to remember. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Through consistent use of this tool, you will progressively improve your ability to remember and recall things with ease.
When you purchase the Memory Cottage IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.