The Mind Mapping Study Skills IQ Matrix explores how to effectively incorporate the fundamental principles of mind mapping to accelerate your ability to learn and assimilate information far more quickly and easily. Mind mapping is one of those underutilized tools that can provide a student with a significant edge at school or university. Not only can it help you capture notes and outline your assignments, but it’s also a brain-friendly form of visual note-taking that encourages photographic recall of the information you are learning. In other words, mind mapping is an ideal tool for exam study and preparation. But, as with any tool, we must understand how to use it in an optimal way. And that’s precisely what this mind map will help you do.
Working with this map will help you to understand how to incorporate mind mapping into your study practices successfully. And that could, very well, give you the edge you need to excel in any subject area.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Mind Mapping Study Skills mind map.
- Benefits of Mind Mapping: The first branch of this map outlines the benefits of mind mapping and how they can be applied to academics, business, and life. A mind map essentially provides us with a global perspective on a topic. That could come in the form of ideas or information. Using this global perspective, we can make better sense of the ideas, concepts, or information we are studying or working with.
- Visual Map Types: The second branch of this map explores seven different types of visual maps you can use to improve your study methods. These map types include cyclical maps, converging maps, radial maps, comparison maps, linear maps, interacting maps, and hierarchical maps. The branch also outlines the benefits and drawbacks of hand-drawn mind maps vs. computer-generated mind maps.
- How to Read a Mind Map: The third branch of this map provides you with some quick guidelines on how to read a mind map. Reading a mind map is quite straightforward. It does, however, take some practice. All it takes is familiarizing yourself with the guidelines presented here, and you will get the hang of it in no time.
- Mind Mapping Study Tips: The final branch of this mind map outlines a mind mapping study process you can use that will help improve your memory and recall of the information you are learning. You will also find several guidelines here that will help you make the most of mind maps when preparing for examinations.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for using mind maps at school or university for study purposes. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your daily study routine, and you will progressively accelerate your ability to learn any subject far more quickly and easily using mind maps.
When you purchase the Mind Mapping Study Skills IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of two versions of this IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.