The Smart Study Habits IQ Matrix explores how to develop smart study habits that will help you accelerate your learning ability and boost your levels of productivity. Whether we are learning at school or on the job, one thing is obvious: we need more than just practical study skills to keep us ahead of the pack, and on top of the material we are learning. Don’t get me wrong; learning practical study skills is an essential component that we must take into account. However, study skills alone won’t make you a great learner. Your first and primary goal is to develop smart study habits that will promote and enhance your learning ability.
Working through this map will assist you in developing intelligent study habits that will help you maximize your ability to learn the information you are studying.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Smart Study Habits mind map.
- Your Study Environment: The first branch of this map presents you with guidelines for creating your ideal study environment. When you take the time to create an ideal study environment, it will promote a deeper learning experience. Here you are also presented with numerous questions that will help you design your study environment.
- Your Well-being: The second branch of this map outlines a mental and physical diet that will help keep your mind fresh and receptive during your study sessions. The map specifically breaks down what to consume, the suppressants to avoid, and what type of exercise to partake in. All of which will help maximize your levels of concentration throughout the day.
- Your Ideal Learning State: The third branch of this map explores a four-step process that will help you embody an ideal learning state. The steps of this process include (1) identifying a positive learning experience, (2) visualizing a memory of that experience, (3) intensifying your memory, and (4) creating a trigger word or anchor. This ideal learning state will help improve your memory and recall of the information you are learning. This branch also breaks down how to prepare for your studies and how to build desire, motivation, relevance, and anticipation. All of which are essential components of accelerated learning.
- Taking Study Breaks: The final branch of this map breaks down how to incorporate study breaks into your study routine to help you get the most from your study time.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for improving your study habits and enhancing your productivity. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your study routine, and you will progressively develop optimal habits of learning that will increase your productivity and improve your results.
When you purchase the Smart Study Habits IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.