The Overcoming Frustration IQ Matrix explores how to overcome the debilitating effects that frustration has on your life. When you’re feeling frustrated, you’re being held back from what you want, and the solutions you are after seem just out of reach. You’re so close, yet still so far, and still very frustrated.
Your frustrations are significant because they indicate that you are being held back by self-imposed barriers, limitations, and habits. You are the reason why you’re feeling frustrated, and only you can break free from this cycle. If you fail to do this, then ongoing frustration can drastically inhibit your progress, which can result in negative thinking and, ultimately, low self-esteem.
Frustration can, however, be an extremely valuable emotion that we can use to build positive momentum toward our goals. We just need to learn how to manage it more effectively. And this map will show you how.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Overcoming Frustration mind map.
- Understanding Frustration: The first branch of this map breaks down what it means to feel frustrated. This branch also explores how we tend to trigger our frustrations, the consequences of getting frustrated, and the benefits that frustration can bring to our lives.
- Managing Your Frustrations: The second branch of this map outlines a four-step process you can use to manage your frustrations throughout the day far more effectively. The steps of this process include (1) identifying the moment of frustration, (2) exploring reasons, causes, opportunities, and solutions, (3) seeking out new information and approaches, and (4) cultivating qualities that effectively counter feelings of frustration. Here you are also presented with numerous self-reflection questions that will help you to work through each step of the process.
- Overcoming Frustration: The final branch of this map goes through a variety of guidelines to help you work through your frustrations throughout the day. Here you will discover the things you should immediately do when you begin feeling frustrated. This branch also explores how to view and interpret feelings of frustration in more helpful ways.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for working through feelings of frustration. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and incorporate them into your habits and daily routine, and you will progressively learn to turn frustration into an opportunity for making progress and for building momentum as you work toward your goals.
When you purchase the Overcoming Frustration IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.