The Beating Overwhelm IQ Matrix explores how to overcome moments of emotional overwhelm when you have too much to do and no idea how to get started. Overwhelm is a type of emotional paralysis where you feel as though you’re unable to cope with or handle your circumstances. You feel as though you lack control, which leads to indecision. At times, overwhelm can result from simply having too many choices or options.
When we feel overwhelmed, we struggle to see things clearly. This creates confusion, which puts us in a vulnerable state of mind where we feel out of control. As a result, our problems seem closer and bigger then they should be, which leads to an over-indulgence in negativity, procrastination, complaining, and blaming. Things, however, don’t have to be this way. You can learn how to effectively manage your feelings of overwhelm. And this map can show you how.
The mind map presents you with effective strategies, techniques, and guidelines to help you manage and control the avalanche of tasks, information, responsibilities, and commitments that weigh heavily on your shoulders. The mind map specifically walks you through how to take charge of your feelings of overwhelm. This begins by identifying “overwhelm” triggers that often tend to shake up our lives. You can then work through a seven-step process for managing your feelings of overwhelm in optimal ways. Then, in the end, it all comes down to your perspective and to releasing the things that you just can’t control.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Beating Overwhelm mind map.
- Understanding Overwhelm: The first branch of this map defines what it means to feel overwhelmed. It also explores how we tend to hold onto our feelings of overwhelm throughout the day. Here you also gain insight into the types of thoughts that tend to dominate our minds when we’re feeling overwhelmed. This can help you to identify early signs of overwhelm.
- A Process for Beating Overwhelm: The second branch of this map walks you through a seven-step process to help you manage your feelings of overwhelm, far more effectively, throughout the day. The steps of this process include (1) recognizing your feelings of overwhelm, (2) removing yourself from the situation, (3) identifying potential sources and triggers, (4) detaching emotionally and gaining a proper perspective of the situation, (5) taking a personal inventory, (6) figuring out how to handle your circumstances, and (7) taking action and control of your predicament. Here you are presented with numerous self-reflection questions that will help you figure out your best steps moving forward.
- Guidelines for Beating Overwhelm: The final two branches of this map present you with various guidelines on how to take control of the events and circumstances that trigger overwhelm in your life. Here you will find suggestions about things you should avoid and start doing, the qualities to begin cultivating, the things you should focus on, and more. Use these guidelines to build a blueprint on how you will handle yourself and your circumstances the next time overwhelm creeps into your life.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for managing feelings of overwhelm and gaining more peace of mind. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize them and incorporate them into your life, and you will progressively develop the traits, mindset, and behaviors to help you effectively manage your feelings of overwhelm throughout the day.
When you purchase the Beating Overwhelm IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A bonus IQ Doodle that summarizes key ideas presented within this IQ Matrix. To purchase the full IQ Doodle pack bundle, please visit the IQ Doodle Store.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.