The Overcoming Obstacles IQ Matrix and accompanying 28 page eBook explore how to overcome the roadblocks holding you back from achieving your goals. Setting your goals is the first step while obtaining your goals is the next step. And it’s at this second step that most of us stumble. We stumble not because the goal is out of reach, but rather because of unexpected obstacles, problems, and setbacks that get in our way.
It’s probably safe to say that every goal we set comes with an array of landmines. These landmines typically manifest as problems that we must figure out how to overcome. If we’re able to figure out how to maneuver through these landmines successfully, that’s when an improbable goal becomes a deep-rooted part of our reality. Working through this map will help you develop the skills, knowledge, and resourcefulness, you need to overcome any personal struggles you might face while in the pursuit of your goals.
This mind map specifically breaks down three different types of obstacles you might face as you work on achieving your goals. These obstacles include personal obstacles, social obstacles, and environmental obstacles. The map then walks you through an eight-step questioning process you can use to turn problems into ideas, solutions, and opportunities for progress and development. In addition to this, you will find over 20 guidelines that will help you overcome the obstacles holding you back from achieving your goals.
Here is a quick breakdown of each branch of the Overcoming Obstacles mind map.
- 3 Types of Obstacles: The first branch of this map walks you through three different types of obstacles that you are likely to face as you make progress towards the attainment of your goals. These obstacles include personal, social, and environmental.
- Obstacle Assessment Process: The second branch of this map explores an eight-step questioning process you can use to help you turn problems into opportunities. It’s essential to answer these questions as they have been presented within the map. The questions have been divided into the following categories (1) identifying the problem, (2) exploring the origins of the problem, (3) assessing what happened, (4) evaluating the potential consequences, (5) gaining control, (6) positive takeaways, (7) making perspective shifts, and (8) reviewing your options. These questions will effectively shift how you think about obstacles and setbacks that are holding you back from achieving your goals. No longer will you see obstacles in a negative light. You will instead learn to embrace and make the most of every obstacle and problem you face.
- Guidelines for Overcoming Obstacles: The last two branches of this map provide you with various additional suggestions you can apply to your life to help you overcome your problems and achieve your goals.
This map provides a roadmap and framework for overcoming obstacles, problems, setbacks, and adversity that holds you back from accomplishing your goals. Referencing it regularly and committing it to memory will help you to embed these concepts and ideas into your subconscious mind.
A mind map, of course, does this beautifully because it mirrors the synaptic connections made in your brain as you try to establish new habits of thought and behavior. It brings together key concepts and ideas that help your brain to fully integrate and process this information. The brain, subsequently, rewires itself as it attempts to establish new habits of mind. It’s an ideal tool for creating lasting change and transformation.
Stick with these principles, memorize and apply them to the roadblocks in your life, and you will progressively develop the skills, knowledge, and resourcefulness you’ll need to overcome these obstacles, to solve your problems, and achieve your goals.
When you purchase the Overcoming Obstacles IQ Matrix you will receive:
- A PDF copy of the IQ Matrix, which you can use for printing in high resolution.
- A JPG image file of the IQ Matrix, which is ideal for viewing on tablets and mobile devices.
- A Desktop Background version of the map you can use for reference on your computer.
- A MindManager file for those who wish to edit the content of the IQ Matrix.
- A printable PDF eBook summary of this IQ Matrix to help you better understand each concept.
- A Visual Thinking template and Instruction Manual to help you explore this topic in a visual way using visual thinking principles.
Additional visual resources and variations of this IQ Matrix might be added to your account page at no extra cost in the future.